PDA

View Full Version : Car Show Tips

Tank_McNamara
06-12-2010, 07:56 AM
I am entered in a car show today and it is a "rain or shine" event.

However, it is raining cats and dogs right now.

I have never done a show when it is raining.

Anyone have any tips on this?

I am planning on bringing extra towels and my usual show day detail kit.

Finemess
06-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Maybe take some FK 425 to help with cleaning/drying. Good luck.

Mike Phillips
06-12-2010, 09:23 AM
I am entered in a car show today and it is a "rain or shine" event.

However, it is raining cats and dogs right now.

I have never done a show when it is raining.

Anyone have any tips on this?

I am planning on bringing extra towels and my usual show day detail kit.

Take lots of towels or microfibers, whatever you like "touching" your car's paint with.

Also take some hefty garbage bags to put the wet towels/microfibers into so you don't get the inside of your car all wet.

Take your favorite quick detailer and maybe some spray wax if you have a brand you like and extra "premium" microfiber towels for applying and wiping these maintenance products off with, also some glass cleaner.

Have fun...

:)

Matt S.
06-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Might also want to leave the tires undressed until you get to the show, and dress them there.

Tank_McNamara
06-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone.

Actually stopped raining before I left the house. But it was a 24 mile drive and the roads were wet.

I got there and used a water spray bottle to "rinse" the dirt off and towel dried.

I have a long handled brush for cleaning wheel wells...came in handy to remove the sand and grit from the tire treads.

Took home a top 25 trophy....out of 64 entries.

ScottB
06-12-2010, 05:35 PM
nice work indeed.

dvc61
06-12-2010, 06:11 PM
FK 425.......Oh my goodness, do we have to be so cryptik....I have 2 go looking for the glossery of abbreviations everytime I look at this website. Is it that hard to type out the words. On a blackberry I understand but really!

So, what is fk425 anyway?!!!!

Lasthope05
06-12-2010, 06:18 PM
FK 425.......Oh my goodness, do we have to be so cryptik....I have 2 go looking for the glossery of abbreviations everytime I look at this website. Is it that hard to type out the words. On a blackberry I understand but really!

:confused:
This is actually of the easier abbriations where it tells you the product. FK=Finish kare 425=product name/number. Once you start sticking around the forums a bit more you'll start picking up everything and it wont be so hard for you.

Finish Kare 425 Extra Slick Final Body Shine, finish care quick detailer, ultra slick detail spray (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-425-detailer.html)

Tank_McNamara - Glad everything worked out for you. Next time if you get caught in some rain to or at a show bring some ONR with you. Its a real life saver when you dont have access to a hose.

ONR, spray wax/QD, and some tire/trim dressing and your good to go.

detail viking
06-13-2010, 01:43 AM

You have been here for almost two years now. Try some dang fk 425 why don't ya. Joking... Although I do hear that it's great.

02blackout
06-13-2010, 02:01 AM
If the car shwo is in the sun, spraying the QD directly on the panel is a no no. It will get baked on and smear badly. Spray the QD on the MF first then wipe then follow with a clean mf to do a final wipe.

O.C.Detailing
06-13-2010, 08:25 AM
If the car shwo is in the sun, spraying the QD directly on the panel is a no no. It will get baked on and smear badly. Spray the QD on the MF first then wipe then follow with a clean mf to do a final wipe.

Ooohhh!! Even I didn't know that!! Thanks Blackout. ;)