PDA

View Full Version : Foam Cannon Adjustment Knob?

Pages : [1] 2

Mindflux
06-11-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm toying around with my Foam Cannon.

I have a Gilmour foam gun too, and I know sliding the brass 'adjustment' rod to a more 'open' setting uses more of the tank's mixture as it's coming out of the gun.

I assume the same thing is happening with the foam cannon? Problem is I can see no perceivable difference between completely closed (snug with the cannon body) and wide open other than the hole you are exposing by opening it spits out a little water.

Am I just using a soap that I've reached it's foaming limits? (Meguiar's NXT by the way) or am I mistaken in what the adjustment knob does?

john F
06-11-2010, 01:05 PM
DP Xtreme Foam Formula High Yield Foaming Auto Shampoo- Foamaster gun car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/foam-gun-soap.html)

If you're looking for foam, i think this might be the answer:xyxthumbs:

Mindflux
06-11-2010, 01:07 PM
DP Xtreme Foam Formula High Yield Foaming Auto Shampoo- Foamaster gun car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/foam-gun-soap.html)

If you're looking for foam, i think this might be the answer:xyxthumbs:

Yeah, I know. I'm not sure I'm willing to spend that much of car soap. I was just wondering how the adjustment knob comes into play. I still get a pretty thick foam, but it could be thicker ;)

john F
06-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I know. I'm not sure I'm willing to spend that much of car soap. I was just wondering how the adjustment knob comes into play. I still get a pretty thick foam, but it could be thicker ;)

As you know, opening the dilution ratio knob all the way will allow more water flow and therefore less foaming action. The opposite way will allow the Foam Cannon to create more suds. Less water volume, more soap, resulting in better foaming.

You can use any car wash soap you'd like with the foam cannon, but some soaps do have a tendency to foam more than others, which is why i suggested the DP Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo. When it comes down to it, no other soap can foam like it! Xtreme Foam Formula is designed to make thing foam with foam guns and foam cannons. :dblthumb2:

This is also another reason why I suggested it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uXlEMGc_60&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Foam Cannon[/video]

Mindflux
06-11-2010, 03:23 PM
As you know, opening the dilution ratio knob all the way will allow more water flow and therefore less foaming action. The opposite way will allow the Foam Cannon to create more suds. Less water volume, more soap, resulting in better foaming.

You can use any car wash soap you'd like with the foam cannon, but some soaps do have a tendency to foam more than others, which is why i suggested the DP Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo. When it comes down to it, no other soap can foam like it! Xtreme Foam Formula is designed to make thing foam with foam guns and foam cannons. :dblthumb2:

This is also another reason why I suggested it...

- Foam Cannon ("http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uXlEMGc_60&feature=player_embedded)

Thanks again. :) I'll have to test out some soaps to see what works best for me. DP Xtreme is a bit spendy!

Dwayne
06-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Problem is I can see no perceivable difference between completely closed (snug with the cannon body) and wide open other than the hole you are exposing by opening it spits out a little water.

John brought this to my attention and mentioned that you weren't seeing any difference no matter which way that you turned the dilution knob. No matter which soap that you are using, you should be seeing a pretty substantial difference in the amount of foam that is being produced.

If you purchased the Foam Cannon from us, send me a PM or email with your contact information and order number so that we can take care of this for you.

Mindflux
06-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks guys. I did not buy it at AG. I'll figure it out. Need more
testing time. :)

A4 1.8tqm
06-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Where do you live? I have a couple gallons of DP Xtreme foam and am willing to sample you a couple .oz. Although you may end up spending the money on it that you don't want to. Meh, as my Dad always say's when considering a purchase, "just make more money".

I think the adjustment knob allows air into the mix, therefore reducing the amount of water and in turn increasing the foam. I think the issue is your soap dilution. Try 1.oz of ANY car wash shampoo with 5.oz water for a total of 6.oz, I know, it's not much in the big bottle. Start with the adjustment turned all the way counter clockwise and shake it up. Start spraying, it should be only water, adjust the fan to however you want it. Now while still spraying, begin turning the adjustment clockwise until all of a sudden BAM! Snowstorm! Now with this little amount of soap mixture that foams so well, you just line up and do the whole side of a car in one sweeping motion which uses almost nothing from the soap reservoir. With 1.oz of soap you can white out your car a couple times.

The beginning of this video shows exactly that process, but I used DP Xtreme of course. :xyxthumbs:

- AG Foam Cannon HP and DoDo Yeti's Fist

Mindflux
06-11-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm in Texas. That's mighty generous of you. I think I was adding 3-4oz to the mostly water filled bottle. That seems to be a pretty common ratio from what I gather. I got the knob to do as expected! I sprayed two separate parts of my drive way for comparison. BIG difference between full open and full shut :)

Thanks for the tips!

A4 1.8tqm
06-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm in Texas. That's mighty generous of you. I think I was adding 3-4oz to the mostly water filled bottle. That seems to be a pretty common ratio from what I gather. I got the knob to do as expected! I sprayed two separate parts of my drive way for comparison. BIG difference between full open and full shut :)

Thanks for the tips!

No problem! 2 .oz DP Xtreme Foam Formula sent! All I ask for in return is your opinion, enjoy!

Mindflux
06-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Will do! It may take a week or two. Should I dilute it with 10 oz of water or anything ?

sohail99
03-14-2011, 12:23 AM
So I just got my foam cannon HP and tried DP extreme foam with it and got the dilution ratio wrong and messed up the foaming!! It was foaming like a foam gun instead of a cannon!

Though it was purely due to my mistake!

Can anyone tell the exact mixing ratios in the bottle we get with the foam cannon(its not marked!!)

and other optimum settings(knob, front lance opening) for maximum foam. :o

Thanks

A4 1.8tqm
03-14-2011, 06:32 AM
So I just got my foam cannon HP and tried DP extreme foam with it and got the dilution ratio wrong and messed up the foaming!! It was foaming like a foam gun instead of a cannon!

Though it was purely due to my mistake!

Can anyone tell the exact mixing ratios in the bottle we get with the foam cannon(its not marked!!)

and other optimum settings(knob, front lance opening) for maximum foam. :o

Thanks

What was your ratio? In my video above there is 1oz of DP Xtreme with 3oz of water making 4oz of foam solution. In actual practice this will foam my whole car no problem. Start with the adjustment turned all the way counter clockwise, begin spraying and start turning the adjustment clockwise until you like the foam. Also I foam the car as if I'm painting with a HVLP gun, one pass, let off the trigger, repeat on next section. Following this procedure seems to help conserve the solution vs just maxing out the foam adjustment and blasting away.

sohail99
03-14-2011, 06:56 AM
^Thanks a lot for the info!

I'll try it with this dilution next! + the paint spraying technique to use with this is apt IMO! :xyxthumbs:

Will try it out and post pics if possible! :D

btw, can mixing some APC(like DP cleanse all) in the shampoo-water mixture, affect suds?

A4 1.8tqm
03-14-2011, 07:08 AM
^Thanks a lot for the info!

I'll try it with this dilution next! + the paint spraying technique to use with this is apt IMO! :xyxthumbs:

Will try it out and post pics if possible! :D

btw, can mixing some APC(like DP cleanse all) in the shampoo-water mixture, affect suds?

No problem, I'm sure adding anything to the mix will have an effect on the suds. Good or bad? IDK. You should get a hang of it with just the soap before playing Mixologist IMO.