PDA

View Full Version : New Business Card Design for O.C.Detailing (Lynchburg, VA.) Opinions?

Pages : [1] 2

O.C.Detailing
06-10-2010, 05:54 PM
As the title of the thread states. Just looking for opinions on my new card design. I love it and my designer is extremely talented. I only need to give him very basic ideas of what I'm looking for and he comes up with the design on his own. I make a minor tweak or two and he's got it perfect, but everyone is different. I'd like to see what you all think of my business card, logo and slogan. :D Be gentle all, constructive criticism is most appreciated.

Here it is!

Just so everyone knows, the "O" in "O.C.Detailing" is orange like all of the others "O"s in the card. Not sure why it doesn't convert from the PDF.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=83&pictureid=454

Let me know what you all think!

maximus20895
06-10-2010, 06:06 PM
I like that one!

Nicely done!

What do you want done? To convert it to a PDF?

CEE DOG
06-10-2010, 06:10 PM
I like the design a lot. I might switch the car out but it looks great as well.

O.C.Detailing
06-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Yeah, we tried several different stock photos, but that particular image translated best to the overall business card design I was going for as well as going well with the color scheme of the text. :D

Maximus, I converted that FROM a PDF to a JPEG so I could upload it. Somewhere in the conversion, the orange in several of the "O"s got lost, at least on my screen anyway. The goal is for every "O" in the card to be orange, like in my Logo.

feslope
06-10-2010, 06:34 PM
I would add an address, even if just city and state.

Mike Phillips
06-10-2010, 06:37 PM
I like it.

The car screams car and the words Professional Automotive Detailing tells me,

What you do.
What's in it for me.
How to contact you to detail my car.

:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
06-10-2010, 06:39 PM
I would add an address, even if just city and state.

That's important...

Or the area you cover...

:)

maximus20895
06-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Yeah, we tried several different stock photos, but that particular image translated best to the overall business card design I was going for as well as going well with the color scheme of the text. :D

Maximus, I converted that FROM a PDF to a JPEG so I could upload it. Somewhere in the conversion, the orange in several of the "O"s got lost, at least on my screen anyway. The goal is for every "O" in the card to be orange, like in my Logo.

Do you want some help? I'll try to convert it to a pdf or what ever you want :xyxthumbs:

O.C.Detailing
06-10-2010, 06:46 PM
I actually cover more than just Lynchburg, VA. I will work for anyone in the central/north/southern VA areas and will even travel as far as Maryland and/or Raleigh, NC. to work.

I would add an address, but being a sole-proprietorship, I can't advertise an address or I could get in trouble, though I do show an address on my website so people can find me when they have a detail scheduled. Another reason I didn't add a location is to minimize the amount of text on the card to just what is necessary to get people interested.

My designer would kill me if I bugged him to add a location in on top of what I had him do today. lol He ended up giving me 4 different designs today only for me to go back with the first one. Not only that, but he already sent the order in to be printed. So I suppose it's a little late to change it now. At least now the "new" design has my website and e-mail address on it. ;)

Thanks for your replies all. I'll add a location to the next batch I have printed.

O.C.Detailing
06-10-2010, 06:49 PM
I like it.

The car screams car and the words Professional Automotive Detailing tells me,

What you do.
What's in it for me.
How to contact you to detail my car.

:xyxthumbs:

Thanks Mike. It's funny, I couldn't decide what I wanted to put on the card. I had so many different ideas, but "Professional Automotive Detailing" sounded the most legitimate without sounding pompous. You know? Some of the others were:

- High-end Automotive Detailing
- High-line Automotive Detailing
- True Automotive Detailing
- Premium Automotive Detailing
- Top-End Automotive Detailing
- etc...

I just couldn't decide until the last second and just changed my original card from "High-end Automotive Detailing" to "Professional Automotive Detailing". :D

O.C.Detailing
06-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Do you want some help? I'll try to convert it to a pdf or what ever you want :xyxthumbs:

If I could post the PDF I have on the site as an image, that'd be best. It's very big on my screen and ultra crisp. It loses the size and clarity in the conversion from PDF to JPEG for some reason. How would you post it up for me? I could e-mail you a copy of the PDF if you think you can do it.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!

cobalt9123
06-10-2010, 08:10 PM
I love that car and the card! Awesome work.

cobalt9123
06-10-2010, 08:12 PM
If I could post the PDF I have on the site as an image, that'd be best. It's very big on my screen and ultra crisp. It loses the size and clarity in the conversion from PDF to JPEG for some reason. How would you post it up for me? I could e-mail you a copy of the PDF if you think you can do it.

If you don't have a converter, you can open the PDF then take a screen shot or window shot of it full size ( I assume you have a windows computer) and then you can open up an image editor (such as Microsoft Paint) and paste it. Save it as a jpeg. It will have better quality the larger you make the PDF. Of course it's better if you have a converter :xyxthumbs:

CEE DOG
06-10-2010, 09:19 PM
I just couldn't decide until the last second and just changed my original card from "High-end Automotive Detailing" to "Professional Automotive Detailing". :D

Good choice