PDA

View Full Version : Can't get foam cannon to hook to pressure washer

Mindflux
06-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Using the Bosch fitment I cannot compress the spring enough to turn the cannon to lock it. I'm not sure where the problem is. Has anyone else used the bosch fitment on their cannon?

A4 1.8tqm
06-10-2010, 04:14 PM
I use it with a 1800 psi Husky PW. I found that after pressing (press hard) the Bosch piece all the way in, I have to let off slightly to get it to twist & lock into place. You may have to wiggle it a little, but once you figure it out it's easy. Also your going to want to get the Bosch fitting screwed on so the wings are level, horizontally. If you have to unscrew it and add/remove thread tape to it tightens level, so be it.

Mindflux
06-10-2010, 04:17 PM
There's something with the fitting on my PW. I took the foam cannon to Lowes and tried it on a Task Force PW with the same fitting and it went easy peasy.

And yes, now I need to fix the fitting so the wings are level, the bottle was at an angle which I was wondering if that would lead to pickup issues later. I can't find my tape though.. gah!

A4 1.8tqm
06-10-2010, 04:50 PM
So, are you unable to get the fitting all the way into the PW gun? Or it goes all the way in, but then wont turn to lock into place?

My Foam Cannon came just like that, crooked. I was able to get it tight without re-doing it. I just meant if you HAVE TO re-thread-tape to get it tight and level... do it.

Mindflux
06-10-2010, 04:59 PM
It won't twist. I just bought the PW it fit in trouble free. Will return the problematic one.

A4 1.8tqm
06-10-2010, 05:03 PM
It won't twist. I just bought the PW it fit in trouble free. Will return the problematic one.

Well that's a good solution! :props:

I think it was just that you needed to pull the fitting out of the PW gun slightly, at least that's what I have to do. :dblthumb2:

Mindflux
06-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Well that's a good solution! :props:

I think it was just that you needed to pull the fitting out of the PW gun slightly, at least that's what I have to do. :dblthumb2:

I tried that too. Comparing guns the one that is problematic has rubber strips around the receptical. So I think it makes it too narrow to push the brass connector in enough to turn. The one that works does not have those strips.

A4 1.8tqm
06-10-2010, 05:15 PM
What one did and did not work, for future reference?

Mindflux
06-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Black and Decker 1500 PSI from Sears did not.

Task Force 1600 PSI from Lowes DID. :)

A4 1.8tqm
06-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Yeah... Black and Decker... Figures :bolt:

Mindflux
06-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Yeah... Black and Decker... Figures :bolt:

Owned by Bosch. Even weirder.