PDA

View Full Version : Helllpppp for a N00BIE

sliique
06-10-2010, 01:22 PM
After claying, I am going to use Wolfgang products with a PC. I understand I don't have to clay the whole vehicle at one time (I'm 67 and a triple by-pass recipient), but more to the point, MUST I do ALL the buff work the same day, or can I do various panels a day or so, apart? If so, what are the drawbacks, other than having to clean the foam pads and lewt them dry, between buffs? Wolfgangs used will be Total Swirl Remover, Finishing Glaze and Deep Paint Sealant. Thanks alot!

Dubbin1
06-10-2010, 02:23 PM
You don't have to do it all in one day and it will turn out just fine.

Mike Phillips
06-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Actually, just doing a single panel at a time is a great way to tackle a car if you're not in an hurry.

Claying and then machine polishing and waxing just the hood will still take you a few hours from start to finish and the good news is you'll get a feel for the polisher, gain experience in the process and build confidence in yourself and your product selection.

So just tackle a panel at a time and then work your way around the car as you can fit it into your schedule.

After polishing one panel to perfection, then bring up the quality of your care for the car as in be more careful when washing or wiping with spray detailers.

:xyxthumbs:

ryandamartini
06-10-2010, 02:32 PM
It's fine to tackle it a panel at a time :)

john F
06-10-2010, 03:09 PM
I recognize the username with an email for an order i took recently...:xyxthumbs:

Gary, i could have told you it would be ok to do one panel at a time!!

A4 1.8tqm
06-10-2010, 04:04 PM
After claying, I am going to use Wolfgang products with a PC. I understand I don't have to clay the whole vehicle at one time (I'm 67 and a triple by-pass recipient), but more to the point, MUST I do ALL the buff work the same day, or can I do various panels a day or so, apart? If so, what are the drawbacks, other than having to clean the foam pads and let them dry, between buffs? Wolfgang's used will be Total Swirl Remover, Finishing Glaze and Deep Paint Sealant. Thanks alot!

Really, you will probably get even better results by doing the car in sections. Because your less likely to rush through a panel once your arms start getting tired. :xyxthumbs: