PDA

View Full Version : Which Pads are These?

5.4 Shelby
06-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Just got the memorial day special Griots 3 in polisher kit. Great deal. What are these yellow and white pads? Are they LC or Griots or someone else. I understand the function of both companies yellow and white pads. I just done know which ones I received.

Here is the link to the kit.

Griot's Garage 3 Inch Orbital Polisher Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-3inch-orbital-machine.html)

HighEndDetail
06-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Looks like the yellow and white pads, that would be used for the cyclo. And my guess would be on the lines of a lake country pad

Mike Phillips
06-10-2010, 08:12 AM
They are Lake Country and they are closed cell, I just sent an e-mail to Eric at Lake Country to get some further information.

The yellow would be a light cutting pad as it's not very aggressive in it's texture or density and the white polishing pad is just that, it's a fairly stiff polishing pad.

These pads measure 1 1/4" tall and 3.5" wide.

The Griot's pads measure 1" tall and 3" wide.

:)

Mike Phillips
06-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Just got off the with Eric Dunn from Lake Country who just returned home from the Mother's Power Tour working with Forrest Tosi... (lucky dogs)

Here's what he had to say about these two foam pads...

These are closed cell pads using a fairly dense type of foam so they are different from other closed cell foam formulas like the Hydro-Tech pads.

The yellow is a light cutting and the white is a polishing pad.

I've used these pads with the Flex 3403 Rotary Buffer for a variety of things, one of the features I like is the stiffness or density of the foam which means they won't collapse as much or easily as softer foams.

:)

5.4 Shelby
06-10-2010, 12:41 PM
OK. Thanks Mike.

So where do the orange pads fit then? They are listd as light cutting.

Lake Country 4 Inch Foam Pads Low Profile- Made of high quality foam, these pads have hook & loop backing all the way to the edges. The benefit of (http://www.autogeek.net/lake-counrty-pads-4-inch.html)