PDA

View Full Version : 1st attempt at using forum favorite kit

Pages : [1] 2

mikepike1125
06-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Klasse usa ,Klasse Application Guide, How to apply Klasse AIO, Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, All-in-one, klasse all-in-one (http://www.autogeek.net/klasse-usa.html)

Does anyone have any other tips or helpful info that isnt listed in this guide?

Im going to try it on my tailgate first and see how it comes out before I move on to the rest of the truck.
A few questions.

Will I be ok if I apply the all in one and then wait a day or two before applying the sealant glaze?

What happens if I park my truck outside during the 8-12 hour setting time for the high gloss glaze?

Is one coat of the high gloss sealant enough or should I do two?

After the 8-12 hour sitting period I then wash it again before applying the carnauba wax?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to do this correctly and definitely dont want any scratches on my new black gmc sierra

Thanks!

cooksnj
06-09-2010, 10:16 PM
when i got mine, there was a piece of paper with instructions inside. follow those instructions. i didn't wash my cars after removing aio. i would not park it outside before 12 hours.
i will tell you to use the gloss very lightly, it is very hard to remove! i have not tried it yet, but some people on here have mentioned wiping it on and then buffing it off before it dries. some just mist it on very lightly. try a small area the way you're supposed to, and you will see. it's very hard to remove, looks great, pita to remove. have fun.

rohnramirez
06-10-2010, 12:13 AM
killr recommends using a 2oz spray bottle for the Klasse HGSG, then use it to spray, wipe on, flip towel, wipe dry...then move on to the next section.

mikepike1125
06-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Would places like Pep boys an auto zone carry the 2 oz spray bottles?

Bunky
06-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Would places like Pep boys an auto zone carry the 2 oz spray bottles?

You can go to Walmart/Target and look in the personal care area. They have travel size misters, sprayers, etc.

steed76
06-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Mike, please post back your results!! I just bought this kit for my red jeep cherokee and haven't used it yet. Gotta get the swirls out first.. subscribed!

mikepike1125
06-10-2010, 08:34 PM
I will let you know. I will try and take some pics to. Im just going to do the tailgate for now to see how it goes.

I did find some of these on helpful videos on youtube.

this technique seems to work pretty good

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMZF6hhroFE]YouTube - KSG application[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0q0QVuLiD4]YouTube - KSG removal[/video]

mikepike1125
06-14-2010, 07:07 PM
so I finally did it and I am happy with my results, or atleast, happy with my first attempt results. Here are some pics. I didnt have enough time to apply the wax yet. My only issue was that I didnt buff enough after applying sealant glaze. Thought I did, but do to the bad lighting in the garage I could not see the left over product. Especially on the vertical running body panels. The hood came out nice as I could see well with the overhead light beaming down on it. Anyways, I found that shining a flashlight onto the paint really exposes left over product that may not be visible under room lighting.

Mike Phillips
06-14-2010, 07:29 PM
As previously stated, anytime you use the Klasse Sealant Glaze, only apply a very thin coating.

I'll add this little tidbit of advice,

If you've never used Klasse Sealant Glaze aka KSG or SG in the forum world, then for a test, only apply a test section about a foot squared and then wipe if off to get a feel for it before coating either an entire panel or an entire car.

I recommend the same advice for M16 even though the SG and M16 are NOTHING alike, a thick coating can be very hard to remove.

Besides that... have fun!

:)

mikepike1125
06-14-2010, 07:45 PM
As previously stated, anytime you use the Klasse Sealant Glaze, only apply a very thin coating.

I'll add this little tidbit of advice,

If you've never used Klasse Sealant Glaze aka KSG or SG in the forum world, then for a test, only apply a test section about a foot squared and then wipe if off to get a feel for it before coating either an entire panel or an entire car.

I recommend the same advice for M16 even though the SG and M16 are NOTHING alike, a thick coating can be very hard to remove.

Besides that... have fun!

:)

Yeah I went with the very thin coating and let it sit for a minute then I would buff it off with the cobra MF before it had a chance to bake itself on. Some areas just seemed to need more buffing then others. And of course, the lighting didnt show it at all.

Damn that sunshine!!!!!!!!!

steed76
06-15-2010, 09:58 PM
truck looks great mike... is it possible to see any pics closer up to the panel??? :xyxthumbs:

mikepike1125
06-16-2010, 04:35 PM
so here are the pics of the substance on the truck that I can only see in the sunlight. Its the milky white/ cloudy areas on the panel. This picture doesnt really show the real effect of these. In person they almost appear to be 3d like when looking at them. Appear to be "floating" on the paint They move as you walk along the truck. Almost looking like they rotate whichever direction you are walking in. I can rub out those spots with my finger but the truck had a lot of dust and water marks on it so I didnt want to rub the paint to show you how it wipes off.

mikepike1125
06-16-2010, 06:26 PM
anyone know what would cause this?

ScottB
06-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah I went with the very thin coating and let it sit for a minute then I would buff it off with the cobra MF before it had a chance to bake itself on. Some areas just seemed to need more buffing then others. And of course, the lighting didnt show it at all.

Damn that sunshine!!!!!!!!!

I found that spritzing and immediately buffing off work best. If you get a stubborn area, immediately respritz and rebuff off completely.

so here are the pics of the substance on the truck that I can only see in the sunlight. Its the milky white/ cloudy areas on the panel. This picture doesnt really show the real effect of these. In person they almost appear to be 3d like when looking at them. Appear to be "floating" on the paint They move as you walk along the truck. Almost looking like they rotate whichever direction you are walking in. I can rub out those spots with my finger but the truck had a lot of dust and water marks on it so I didnt want to rub the paint to show you how it wipes off.

It looks like haze and often found when products are overapplied, remember Klasse SG is more finicky than other sealants.

When Klasse SG isnt completely removed you will find cloudy white spots for several days. Washing only seems to help moderately. I find you need to rebuff areas or try a spray product. Results may vary ...

Bonifax
08-29-2010, 10:20 PM
I have also followed the technique mentioned by killrwheels and it's very easy to apply/remove and leaves a great shine.
I use a little spray bottle and a foam applicator to apply a thin coat by making horizontal and vertical strokes, then, before it dries I remove it with a MF towel; then wait 12 hrs and you can put a second layer to add shine and protection. I've found that with 3 layers you can obtain the best shine from Klasse SG.

I wouldn't recommend to let dry for 30 min the product because you will struggle to remove it completely and the shine obtained using the spread/wipe off technique is exactly the same. IMHO ;)