PDA

View Full Version : Noob question

mung
06-09-2010, 09:58 AM
I ordered a bunch of stuff here including the PC (the starter kit) and 105 and 205. Due to economic times I moved from a 5,000 sq ft home with huge 3 car garage to a 1,700 sq ft home with basically a one car garage that I can't fit any of my vehciles in.

So the question, should I even bother using the PC outside? I've had waxed/polished outside, in the sun, with no issues (just removed fast).

Agghhh there were more questions I had but I forgot them. :(

CakeDaddy
06-09-2010, 10:10 AM
I ordered a bunch of stuff here including the PC (the starter kit) and 105 and 205. Due to economic times I moved from a 5,000 sq ft home with huge 3 car garage to a 1,700 sq ft home with basically a one car garage that I can't fit any of my vehciles in.

So the question, should I even bother using the PC outside? I've had waxed/polished outside, in the sun, with no issues (just removed fast).

Agghhh there were more questions I had but I forgot them. :(

Always never polish, wax, seal, glaze while outside in the element, especially the sun.

I see these mobile detail vans behind expensive dealships doing exactly what you are asking. I laugh and say to myself, <there is a reason why they are doing this on the back side of the dealship> and that reason is...... they know its WRONG!

xavb
06-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Maybe look into getting a pop up tent big enough to put over the car if you are going to be working outside.

john F
06-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Maybe look into getting a pop up tent big enough to put over the car if you are going to be working outside.

This would be my suggestion. If you don't have any lighting after the sun goes down a inexpensive pop up tent would be the next best thing imo

Locutus
06-09-2010, 11:01 AM
You could also look into the Poorboy's stuff. It says on their lables in the Sun or Shade.

mung
06-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Figured that. I can fit in a hood or so into the garage, so I'll do what I can.

And I remember my other question. Both my cars in in exceptional condition, though I have never clayed them. I want to clay them when all my stuff arrives. Both have polish/wax on them.
So what's the best way to get rid of all the wax that's on there now? I understand Dawn/dish soap is a no-no. I'd rather go that route than claying it all off. I've got some Meguiars APC coming. Maybe mix that in a bucket with some Gold Class?

cobalt9123
06-09-2010, 01:26 PM
I use a dawn wash. I see nothing wrong with it unless you're using it for regular washes. You can however use diluted APC or an APC/GC mix to get the wax off.