PDA

View Full Version : Disability

Pages : [1] 2 3

SRHTX
06-08-2010, 09:52 PM
:wow: I just got a letter in the mail from my lawyer today about the fight for me to get disabiluty. He sent over 675 pages of medical records on my for everything that happened to me in the car wreck I had on June 8th, 2001. Over 320 pagers were from Ben Taun hospital alone. I hope all of this information will get me disability. Ben Taub is one of the top world known Level 1 Trauma Center. If I could only see all of those pages on me from Ben Taub, I'm sure I would be afraid to read it. I know it will state how many times they had to bring me back to life. The last rehab place I went to filed over 275 medical records/evidence.

If I can't get disability, I will become even more depressed. :cry:

LuxuryMobile
06-08-2010, 09:59 PM
I wish you the best of luck.

I work full time as a paralegal so I understand how lengthy this process can be. It is sad to see how long it takes for people to get benefits. Good luck with the process.

Shane731
06-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Good luck buddy! :bestwishes:

CEE DOG
06-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Good luck Stephen, Hang in there

SRHTX
06-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Oh, I'm use to it. I've been fighting for year and a half.

Rsurfer
06-08-2010, 10:10 PM
:wow: I just got a letter in the mail from my lawyer today about the fight for me to get disabiluty. He sent over 675 pages of medical records on my for everything that happened to me in the car wreck I had on June 8th, 2001. Over 320 pagers were from Ben Taun hospital alone. I hope all of this information will get me disability. Ben Taub is one of the top world known Level 1 Trauma Center. If I could only see all of those pages on me from Ben Taub, I'm sure I would be afraid to read it. I know it will state how many times they had to bring me back to life. The last rehab place I went to filed over 275 medical records/evidence.

If I can't get disability, I will become even more depressed. :cry:Sorry to hear about your didability, but how can you get disability and still detail cars?

CEE DOG
06-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Sorry to hear about your didability, but how can you get disability and still detail cars?

I was actually thinking the same thing. I had somebody try to fraud me after an accident. 1 day before the statute of limitations ran out she hired a lawyer and they proceeded to sue me. While talking to my lawyers waiting for their counterproposal I got an inside look at what goes on and they had people follow her to see what she was doing. If somebody goes outside and picks up a newspaper they try to use that in some of these cases. I just assume in your case this is different.

btw: her case wasn't valid like yours. She had a history of defrauding people and was full of nonsense

SRHTX
06-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Sorry to hear about your didability, but how can you get disability and still detail cars?

Brain Damage. Body pains the rest of my life. Not able to taste or smell anything anymore and many other reasons like short term memory as well. Being on suicide watch does not help either. The joys of living in a depressed life.

SRHTX
06-08-2010, 10:19 PM
I was actually thinking the same thing. I had somebody try to fraud me after an accident. 1 day before the statute of limitations ran out she hired a lawyer and they proceeded to sue me. While talking to my lawyers waiting for their counterproposal I got an inside look at what goes on and they had people follow her to see what she was doing. If somebody goes outside and picks up a newspaper they try to use that in some of these cases. I just assume in your case this is different.

btw: her case wasn't valid like yours. She had a history of defrauding people and was full of nonsense

Uh, I had over 315 medical records provided by one of the most powerful trauma hospitals in the world filed on my behalf? I think that should say there might be a few problems with me.

SRHTX
06-08-2010, 10:22 PM

Wait. I said that wrong. Living down here in the Rio Grande Valley, there are not that many smart people. I can't get a job down here due to my resume AND, I do not speak Spanish. Since there really are not many people down here, I know of one person, who know how to detail vehicles, I saw an opening for myself to make some money.

jsgntulok
06-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Living in the great state of Texas and being depressed are incompatible. I enjoyed 6 years in Wichita Falls and 22 years in Fort Worth. Now I am marooned in Tulsa OK and want to get back to Texas so bad!!!

Da Fats
06-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Well problem with disability is that if you can work... at all in any manner they try to rule you out for it... no matter how much damage you sustained if you can hold a job you are not disabled by their standards... It's a little sad.

I hope the best for you... and you are entitled as the patient to ALL your medical records so you can review and understand every thing that happened to you. As scary as 650 pages of medical records sounds... It's short compared to the average!

Hope all goes well for you... keep your chin up! and atleast you found something to do that seem to inspire a little passion from you! your work is very good!

Matt
06-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Good luck Stephen.

I guess if you can prove that you are trying to make your way in life by detailing, but that disability is limiting you to only doing that and it's not a substantial enough job to survive, that along with the hundreds of pages of medical information should hopefully be enough for them to grant you disability.

Good luck and god bless :props:

Rsurfer
06-09-2010, 03:17 AM
I feel for the OP, but if your working you won't get 100%, hopefully your percentage will be high.

SRHTX
06-09-2010, 05:42 AM
I feel for the OP, but if your working you won't get 100%, hopefully your percentage will be high.

Well, of course I have to work. I do have bills that need to be paid. I do not need to get the Disability money to live off of since it will not last for a long period of time. Disability will only be provided for a certain # of years. It will not be for the rest of my life.

As far as work, I have 2 posibilities coming up soon. One will be at a body shop (that I can't talk further about at this time) OR, I already know the GM @ a Mercedes Benz Dealership who will be moving down here to be the GM at their NEW Mercedes Benz Dealership they are building down in this area. They know what I can do. Infact, I need to travel over to the new place and e-mail him pictures of the new location being built.