PDA

View Full Version : Blue BOGO Waffle Weave Towels

Pages : [1] 2

Jenn1270
06-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Did anyone purchase the blue waffle weave towels with the red satin border from Pinnacle in Feb. I've had them as back-up as I normally use the Guzzler HD and regular. Anyway I used them this weekend and they smeared water all over the place and did absolutely no drying. Has anyone else had the same problems with these? I love the Guzzlers and the window waffle weaves, but these weren't very good.

AGs products have always been great, but if they get a good deal on these again, they need to pass.

Jenn

dublifecrisis
06-08-2010, 09:05 PM
guzzlers go BOGO sometimes too. They're my favorite too.

Kurt_s
06-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Did anyone purchase the blue waffle weave towels with the red satin border from Pinnacle in Feb. I've had them as back-up as I normally use the Guzzler HD and regular. Anyway I used them this weekend and they smeared water all over the place and did absolutely no drying. Has anyone else had the same problems with these? I love the Guzzlers and the window waffle weaves, but these weren't very good.

AGs products have always been great, but if they get a good deal on these again, they need to pass.

Jenn
I was told that wwmf drying towels often work better after being washed. I washed my towels before the first use so I can't tell you if it's true.

Maybe a little vinegar in the rinse will get them going as it sounds like there could be something on the fabric repelling water?

Old Tiger
06-08-2010, 09:38 PM
These MF's suck but unfortunately not water. THE PROBLEMS WITH THEM WERE WELL DOCUMENTED SOME MONTHS BACK. uNCHARACTERISTICALLY,ag STAFFERS DIDNT DO ANYTHING ABOUT it. This was shortly after the Shamrock problem which was Meghan's finest hour IMO.

nothelle
06-08-2010, 09:43 PM

Jenn

Mine do the exact same thing... it's been washed half a dozen time and still no improvement, soaked it in white vinegar and warm water... still no improvement. I'm running out of idea and still have two brand new one

Kurt_s
06-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Mine do the exact same thing... it's been washed half a dozen time and still no improvement, soaked it in white vinegar and warm water... still no improvement. I'm running out of idea and still have two brand new one
One beautiful thing about AG is their customer service. From what I have seen, the best CS in the business.:dblthumb2:

Don't wait any longer. Call Meghan or one of the other CS reps for help. They are awesome.

nothelle
06-08-2010, 09:56 PM
One beautiful thing about AG is their customer service. From what I have seen, the best CS in the business.:dblthumb2:

Don't wait any longer. Call Meghan or one of the other CS reps for help. They are awesome.

I was thinking about it, but i live halfway across the world, the cost doesn't justify getting them back and forth. Plus i lost my receipt already, bought them last year, was waiting for my old one to degrade and now this :(

Kurt_s
06-08-2010, 10:14 PM
I was thinking about it, but i live halfway across the world, the cost doesn't justify getting them back and forth. Plus i lost my receipt already, bought them last year, was waiting for my old one to degrade and now this :(
You may be pleasantly surprised. Meghan went beyond the call of duty for me.

nothelle
06-08-2010, 10:27 PM
You may be pleasantly surprised. Meghan went beyond the call of duty for me.

Allright, that's good to hear

Jenn1270
06-08-2010, 10:44 PM

Yes AG customer service is the best, but I would hate to ask for a refund on towels that were 4 months old and have been used.

I am relegating them to the dirty work waffle weaves.

nothelle
06-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Yes AG customer service is the best, but I would hate to ask for a refund on towels that were 4 months old and have been used.

True.. any solution to have them work properly would suffice for me

Da Fats
06-08-2010, 11:03 PM
i have 3 big ones... they suck.. utterly and total no drying ability... i am shocked AG still carries them and if I knew better back in the day when i bought them I would have complained to AG about them

maximus20895
06-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Where are they? I don't see them.

jpegs13
06-09-2010, 01:54 AM
I have 4, they're horrible. Like Jenn said, just smear water all over the place.

PAR Detailing
06-09-2010, 07:20 AM
I have had the exact same problem with them and they have not improved at all. I now use them to cover up the windshield when I am doing paint correction since I havent come up with any other use for them