PDA

View Full Version : Water hose

Pages : [1] 2

kids_gone
06-08-2010, 05:56 AM
Hi I'm in the market for a new hose my current one bends and kinks all the time. Its 100 ft but I use about 75' to the driveway.

I've been shopping but my husband said ask the experts what they use. So guys what type of water hoses are you using and what size 5/8" or 3/4" or ....

Thanks,

ScottB
06-08-2010, 06:57 AM
commercial hose .. and keep the receipt and the cover as they all offer lifetime warranties and easy to replace if they fail. I use the size that fits the outside spigot, no adapters needed.

jwellsii
06-08-2010, 02:16 PM
:iagree:
Commercial is the way to go. I got mine at Sams Club.:autowash:

cnfowler
06-08-2010, 02:31 PM
I purchased a Never-Kink brand hose years ago. It is still going strong. As far as 5/8 or 3/4, go with what works best with the water pressure your outside spigots have. Mine is a 5/8th inch and I have no problems with nozzle pressure.

Colin

cobalt9123
06-08-2010, 03:27 PM
I purchased a Craftsman Heavy Duty Rubber 5/8 hose at Sears. Lifetime warranty, and if it every messes up I can take it to any Sears in the country and have it replaced free, for life. It's a great hose.

superd
06-08-2010, 05:25 PM
I have an expensive hose from Lowe's and a cheap one from Walmart...........the Walmart one delivers water just the same. But don't forget your Brass Quick Connector Set it's the best investment to help switch attachments. I cut off the end of an old peice of hose, use the quick connectors to attach it, and use this to rinse the car with a solid stream rather than spray. The water falls off leaving the car virtually dry.

CEE DOG
06-08-2010, 05:33 PM
I cut off the end of an old peice of hose, use the quick connectors to attach it, and use this to rinse the car with a solid stream rather than spray. The water falls off leaving the car virtually dry.

Very nice, I like the piece of hose on the disconnect:props:

Bunky
06-08-2010, 06:35 PM
I have a professional hose from Walmart (sound like a paradox). It does not do any well except kink. I ran over with it with my lawn mower (an accident) and I was not upset....

I have an ACE Hardware lifetime warranty hose that works great. It is a bit heavier since it actually does not easily kink.

As said earlier, I would get one with a lifetime warranty from a chain store (like ACE). For less than 50 ft. 5/8-in is fine.

mtnbiker
06-08-2010, 08:19 PM
I tried the "never kink" & it was to stiff for me. Got the next step down & it relaxed better on the ground.

CEE DOG
06-08-2010, 08:25 PM
How do you guys store your hose. Do you have it on a roller or what?

04Si
06-08-2010, 08:30 PM
I bought mine from Griots. 100'. Had my 1st one for 7 or 8 years then it finally failed. Griots sent me a replacement.

mtnbiker
06-08-2010, 08:32 PM
I also have a commercial one from Sears. Great hose bit it leaves my hands black.

superd
06-08-2010, 08:43 PM
I have a 225ft enclosed hose holder with 175feet of hose (100ft attached to a 75ft).......the genius builder placed the spigot on the opposite side of my house no where near the driveway. I prefer the cheap lighter hose I bought at Walmart vs the top of the line "no kink" hose........it's just too heavy and doesn't roll up as well.

JonMiles
06-08-2010, 11:31 PM
gilmour 100 ft hose is probably the best hose i've ever used, never kinks, heavy enough to be durable, flexible enough to stay on the ground. Don't forget an on/off valve and filter screens for the hose...they are great additions.

kids_gone
06-09-2010, 12:29 AM
How do you guys store your hose. Do you have it on a roller or what?

Wow I knew you guys would come through for me. I like CeeDog's question are you guys all using roller or instance rollers, you know the type that you pull and it rewinds for you?

I'm ready to mow my hose with the lawn mower too I'm sure the Gravely will eat it right up :)

Thanks