PDA

View Full Version : Water hose

Pages : 1 [2]

SouthernStyles
06-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Go to Sears and buy a commercial black craftsman hose with the lifetime warranty! You will love it!

sullysdetailing
06-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Hi I'm in the market for a new hose my current one bends and kinks all the time. Its 100 ft but I use about 75' to the driveway.

I've been shopping but my husband said ask the experts what they use. So guys what type of water hoses are you using and what size 5/8" or 3/4" or ....

Thanks,

I use to get the green non tangle from Home Depot but they would always break. I desided to spend the every money and get the black good year hose and I have had it 10x longer then the other hoses that Home Depot sells

BobbyG
07-03-2010, 06:27 AM
I've had my fair share of hoses through the years and I'll just state it this way; you get what you pay for. This said, there are both pro's and con's with both economy and premium hoses.

Economy

Pro's

Flows water
Inexpensive
Light weight
Availability

Con's

Kinks
Cracks
Freezing
No warranty
Brass Connections not brass
Connections rot through quickly

Premium

Pro's

Flows water
Won't kink
Freezing won't harm it
Heavy duty
Availability
Machined brass ends
Lifetime warrantee

Con's

Price
Heavy

vet
07-03-2010, 09:45 AM
I got a self tracking hose reel at a home center on sale. It's plastic, and has a storage tray for nozzles, etc. IMO, it's worth the extra money for the self tracking, just turn the crank and it goes on the reel straight. I used teflon tape on the connections and it doesn't leak at all in the 2 or 3 years I had it. However, I don't turn on the water to it unless I'm using it. I think the brand is sun ray or something like that. It's tan plastic with green lid. They run about $50 around here if not on sale. I liked it well enough to buy one for the backyard also.

Flash Gordon
07-03-2010, 09:05 PM
I tried the "never kink" & it was to stiff for me. Got the next step down & it relaxed better on the ground.

:iagree:

WindyCity
07-04-2010, 07:49 AM
I use to get the green non tangle from Home Depot but they would always break. I desided to spend the every money and get the black good year hose and I have had it 10x longer then the other hoses that Home Depot sells

+1 on goodyear hoses.......PLUS most importain they are made in the USA!

Get a rubber hose, plastic ones suck. Also rubber you can cut it and repair it if you put a hole in it or something. It is not that much more for a better hose and you won't have to keep buying hoses.

Hose reel get a rapid reel. They are $100 but you will never buy another piece of $hit plastic reel again. They don't leak and operate very smooth

MaillotJaune
07-04-2010, 04:01 PM
I've also purchased a Craftsman Heavy Duty Rubber 5/8 hose at Sears. It's worked for me over the past 15 years. I added an Ames hose self tracking hose reel that I got a Home Depot. As long as it's above 32 degrees I'll wash my car. That also means I've destroyed a lot of hoses over the years because they froze and cracked. The Craftsman has never cracked and is reasonably flexible when it is cold.

kids_gone
07-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Hi Guys,
Thought I bring you up to date on my hose. Went with a Sears 5/8" 100' rubber hose on a metal reel from Home Depot. $130 of pure happiness.

Old Hose

New Hose

Thanks again.

mtnbiker
07-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Very nice! Was that with the money you won from Foxwoods? :-)
How much was the hose reel? Just what I'm looking for.

kids_gone
07-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Very nice! Was that with the money you won from Foxwoods? :-)
How much was the hose reel? Just what I'm looking for.

Never been to Foxwoods we have gone to Mohegan Sun for an Office Xmas party but I like to spend my money on fun stuff that I can see not a building that is over 50 miles away :)

Hose was on Sale for 40$ and the reel was 90$ get it at Home Depot found one on line but for a lot more. The reel has a shelf on the top easy to install.

CEE DOG
07-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Very nice setup!

Bunky
07-07-2010, 05:33 AM
The pics remind me of those weight or hair loss comparison...pic 1, hose is a mess. pic 2, nice black hose and neatly organized. The hose hanger would help many hoses. I bought a roll around hose reel for my nice hose and I treat the hose a lot better too.

Mindflux
07-07-2010, 03:24 PM
The pics remind me of those weight or hair loss comparison...pic 1, hose is a mess. pic 2, nice black hose and neatly organized. The hose hanger would help many hoses. I bought a roll around hose reel for my nice hose and I treat the hose a lot better too.

It's always good to treat your hose (hoes?) nicely from time to time.

Im the MAN