PDA

View Full Version : oh no, can i clean it with this?

kimandbrad21
06-07-2010, 07:36 PM
had to get people to look at this other than putting how to clean microfiber and pads, alright im kinda new i have a detail tomorrow just the back of a trunk of a jimmy but im going to do the whole car to keep getting my name out and have it be a surprize.

i need to wash and clean my micro fiber cloths and while im at it i want to clean my hand pads too white red and orange.

i will clean my pads by hand. what can i use...
i have over 110 microfiber cloths.... what can i use....

now the fun part.

i only have a few things to clean and no way to get the good stuff in my hands tonight to clean these bad boys.

1. megs apc
2.megs apc +
3. dawn dish soap
4. dreft.... baby detergent
5. purex hypoallergenic free and clear... basic free of dyes and what not

if you can reply without bashing please do so. i only have the things listedFeed back please

snowking724
06-07-2010, 07:50 PM
tide in the washing machine. if not that i use dawn sometimes,rinse THOROUGHLY.

kimandbrad21
06-07-2010, 07:58 PM
i heard that tide will clog the fibers. just something i heard.

snowking724
06-07-2010, 08:05 PM
i use it weekly and the towels come out like new, used a fresh one tonight for waterless wash and another for spray wax with no streaking,linting or marring that i could see. i heard powdered detergents can clog but i'm not really sure. just my opinion

nightstalker 6
06-07-2010, 08:12 PM
I'd go with the dreft and two rinses.

kimandbrad21
06-07-2010, 08:20 PM
thank you guys for your input, and i am sorry i read something wrong, it is the powered kind that is horriable for cleaning mostly because of a risk that it can get stuck in some of the fibers causing maring..... so far its towards the dreft was and two rinses. thank you also snowking for telling me that you just used towels with your way of washing.

snowking724
06-07-2010, 08:28 PM
anytime. i'm pretty sure that mf detergents are the same as or souped up versions of everyday laundry detergent so i consider it safe. i know others stick strictly to the mf cleaners so to each their own,

ScottB
06-08-2010, 07:17 AM
I think the original complaints on MF being clogged by detergents came from those using powder soaps and adding on top of towels prior to water in tub being full. (it didnt disolve properly)

I would use the best soap you have, and then consider adding a cup of white vinegar into the rinse as desired for now. Move to a dedicated MF soap when possible, I find DP and Microrestore work great and leave the guess work out of laundry and MF specifically.