PDA

View Full Version : Foam Cannon HP

CriticalDetails
06-07-2010, 02:45 PM
I have a Rigid 3000 PSI, 2.6 GPM gas pressure washer and the foam cannon is rated at 2600 PSI max operating pressure. Does any one operate their foam cannon above the maximum PSI rating without causing damage? I have also been looking at the Cam Spray foam cannon which is rated up to 3000 PSI max operating pressure. Does any one have any experience with the Cam Spray or heard good reviews compared to the one that Auto Geek sells?

oldmodman
06-07-2010, 02:57 PM
I have the CamSpray and use it with both a 1600psi electric and a 4000psi gas pressure washer. The gas pressure washer has an adjustable regulator on it and I added a 4000psi pressure gauge. I adjusted the pressure down to 2500psi when using the washer on a car. I just don't want to hit the car with any more pressure than that. And the CamSpray does put out a thicker foam at 2500 than at 1600.

CriticalDetails
06-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the quick response oldmodman is the regulator the knob on the cam pump where the hose quick connect is? Does the Cam Spray foam cannon hold enough soap to foam the vehicle multiple times before refilling?

oldmodman
06-07-2010, 04:42 PM
The pressure regulator is part of the pressure washer pump assembly.

And I get just slightly over 1 "coat" of soap foam per Cam Spray tank. And I put about one ounce of soap then fill it up the rest of the way with water. And I have tried a lot of different soaps in it. From the cheapo Costco $7.95 a gallon stuff all the way up to DP Extreme Foam Formula (bought during a BOGO). The DP is WAY more foam! But I must say, the soap I actually prefer is the Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine (ONR). Tons of foam and it sticks to the paint like glue. I can spray down an entire SUV, shut off the gas pressure washer, hook up the rinse hose, then start washing the truck and there is still a lot of foam sticking to the sides.
And if the vehicle is FILTHY with mud and crud all over it I will spray it down with foam, let it sit on the paint for ten minutes, pressure wash that off (no wiping with mitt), foam it down again, then wash it with the two bucket method. And almost all the crud was removed in the first soaping and rinse so I don't install any wash marring into the paint.

A4 1.8tqm
06-07-2010, 05:03 PM
But I must say, the soap I actually prefer is the Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine (ONR). Tons of foam and it sticks to the paint like glue.

??? ONR foams up in a foam cannon? Is it Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html), or Optimum Car Wash (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-car-wash.html) that your referring to? If it is in fact ONR, that's news to me. IME ONR does not suds up much at all (by hand, in a bucket) and I'll have to try it soon!

Feed back please