PDA

View Full Version : Those who have Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo, question...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

WRAPT C5Z06
06-04-2010, 06:42 PM
How many ounces of soap per 1 gallon of water does it say not use? Not what you may use. :) I read the directions on the website, but sometimes they're different than what is stated on the back of the bottle.

Thanks!

Bunky
06-04-2010, 07:20 PM
I have used it twice. I found 1 ounce soap per 3 gallons water to be good start as the minimum dilution.

ScottB
06-04-2010, 07:23 PM
I use the product only when using 'nuba waxes for protection as wont strip them. I use about an ounce, now reading directions isnt always my strong point initially.

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-04-2010, 07:25 PM
I just eye ball it. Who reads the instructions anyway.

JonM
06-04-2010, 08:36 PM
I use a little under two ounce for 4 gallons or so. I just fill up one of AG's sampler bottles then spill it out into the bucket. Pinnacle soap is a beauty, and smells great. Thank you AG for putting it up since I did request it yesterday :D. Gonna buy some on Monday, along with Max Wax maybe?

loudog2
06-04-2010, 09:06 PM
2oz for about 2.5-3 gallons

rwright
06-04-2010, 09:44 PM
To answer your question Mark, I grabbed my bottle and to quote the directions verbatim:

1. Pour 1/2 oz. Shampoo inot (<- not my typo, actually from the bottle) a clean bucket. Spray in water under pressure to activate foam.

2. Wet surface and wash from the top down using a natural sea sponge, wash mitt or soft brush.

3. Rinse often and dry with a clean terry towel, Microfiber towel or chamois.

Directions from my Wolfgang Auto Bathe:

Pour 1-2 oz. into a bucket and spray in a heavy jet of water. Wash car with a sponge or wash mitt. Wash vehicle from the top down. Rinse often to prevent water spotting. Dry vehicle with soft, terry or microfiber towel or chamois.

As you see there are no indications of how little soap to use or how much water to use. With that being said, I use 2 - 2 1/2 oz. to 4 - 4 1/2 gallons of water for all of my soaps except CG GlossWorkz. They recommend 1oz. to 4-5 gallons of water, I use 1 - 1 1/2 oz. to 4-5 gallons of water.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-04-2010, 09:45 PM
I feel it's important to follow the instructions with car wash shampoo. Cutting corners can cut down on the lubricity, IMO.

rwright
06-04-2010, 09:49 PM
And let me add, I love Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo and Wolfgang Auto Bathe! Call me crazy but I think using Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo with a car that's been coated in Souveran is an absolute dream wash!

WRAPT C5Z06
For example, I just used duragloss 901 for the first time. I added 1 oz per 1 gallom of water as stated on the directions. I used 3 gallons of water. I LOVE this stuff! Lubricity is better than anything I've tried(Megs gold class, optimum car wash, poorboys slick and suds), cleans well, smells great, and leaves a nice shine! It's my new favorite car wash shampoo.

Now, do you all think 1 oz. per 1 gallon of water is overkill even though that's what it states on the directions?

CEE DOG
Interesting it says to add the soap first. The only soap I think I ever read was my Ultima and it sayd to add 3 gallons of water. Then add 3/4 oz. of soap. Then finish filling the bucket with water.

CEE DOG
06-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Now, do you all think 1 oz. per 1 gallon of water is overkill even though that's what it states on the directions?

If it says 1 oz per... I would do it

WRAPT C5Z06
06-04-2010, 09:53 PM
If it says 1 oz per... I would do it
I ask because it seems some people use less than the amount stated on the directions.

rwright
I didn't want to mention DG since this is a Pinnacle thread, but since you have broken the ice... probably my favorite at this point! Again, they call for 1oz / gal. of water which is fine, I cut it down to 1oz. to 4.5 gallons of water and it was still slick. I use 2.5oz. to 4.5 gallons of water and the lubricity is amazing, the suds are amazing, and the stuff just flat out works!

WRAPT C5Z06
To answer your question Mark, I grabbed my bottle and to quote the directions verbatim:

1. Pour 1/2 oz. Shampoo inot (<- not my typo, actually from the bottle) a clean bucket. Spray in water under pressure to activate foam.

2. Wet surface and wash from the top down using a natural sea sponge, wash mitt or soft brush.

3. Rinse often and dry with a clean terry towel, Microfiber towel or chamois.

Directions from my Wolfgang Auto Bathe:

Pour 1-2 oz. into a bucket and spray in a heavy jet of water. Wash car with a sponge or wash mitt. Wash vehicle from the top down. Rinse often to prevent water spotting. Dry vehicle with soft, terry or microfiber towel or chamois.

As you see there are no indications of how little soap to use or how much water to use. With that being said, I use 2 - 2 1/2 oz. to 4 - 4 1/2 gallons of water for all of my soaps except CG GlossWorkz. They recommend 1oz. to 4-5 gallons of water, I use 1 - 1 1/2 oz. to 4-5 gallons of water.
Thanks Richard. Exactly what I wanted to know. :dblthumb2: