PDA

View Full Version : what goes with what?

Truls
11-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Wondering about buying the Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax, can i use it on top of meguiars MG 82? or after the MG 21? I have already bought the P21s carnauba Wax (Great shine), is there somebody who have tryed these two brands, and can give a comparison and a "winner". Liquid or wax souveran? is this exactly the same product? And as said, will it be friends with Meguiars?

Got the impression that Pinnacle is "the" wax on this forum, but i have also heard that the P21s is one of the best waxes to buy.

Also starting to get interested in Pinnacle XMT series (Good feedbacks on the forum), so if i get/use the #1 #2 or #3 series, and "top" it with Souveran Paste Wax, i wouldnt need the XMT carnauba Finishing Glaze? (and again, will it cope with a layer of # 82/21 from Megs)

Winter seasion in Norway these days, so is the XMT series something for the winter time? (-20c/-70f) And we have the winter to february/march, in that period its not so easy to wash/detail the cars, so a wax that can handle the winter is prefered.

Truls
(No! you dont pronounce it right :-)

Jonboy
11-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Souveran won't last your winter i'd be looking at Collinite but the XMT range is great and you could always use the glaze then top with your wax

Truls
11-03-2006, 06:38 PM
The Collinite #476 looks like the right winter wax, I can use Souveran wax to top it, right?

supercharged
11-03-2006, 06:42 PM
yes, of course.

ScottB
11-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Souveran can pretty much top anything. Guy over on corvetteforum selling Souveran paste used once for 55.00 ...