PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Use to Store Your Gear?

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
06-03-2010, 03:02 AM
Well heres the deal for me, no garage space (I live with family and the 3 car garage is taken up by 3 Cars of all things!).
I have to store my gear outside...and currently I have a big rubber maid type container that I store most of my things in. I want something easy to just load into the car for a job, but something that can take a beating from the insane Az sun (115 degrees and up anyone?)

The one i currently have stays in a shaded area...and i keep things ontop of the lid for further shade. It works great for spray bottles/waxes/compounds/polishes etc. but not the best for my MF's.
So I was thinking of gettin another big one like this..maybe keep most of my 'wash' gear in one...my 'buffer' gear in the other...but still not sure about MF's. I know ziplock bags work good but...I've got a lot of MF's lol so I want something a little more simpe than that, but something thats not real expensive.

So what do you guys use for all your stuff (especially when going to a job). Pics/Prices/ and Places (where you bought it) would be helpful too!
thanks all

oldmodman
06-03-2010, 12:17 PM
I have three metal cabinets in one of my garages. Full of all kinds of detailing and "car stuff"
A college library near me closed down for remodeling and they sold off all their stuff. I got the three nearly new cabinets for $10.00 each. And after I got them home I removed the locking assemblies and had them all keyed alike. So one wall is cabinets and the other side is my Cobra. I just wish I had another thousand square feet of space. I would love to build an interior wash bay. But I think this year or the next I will insulate both garages. They get too hot in Southern California, can't be good for the product.

A4 1.8tqm
06-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Rubber Maid cabinets, drawers and bins work great. I'm a little concerned about all your stuff staying outside. I've always read that the worst thing for your products is temperature fluctuation, but you gotta do what you can. Maybe look into a storage shed to put your bins in? Or figure out some creative storage like under a bed, Walmart has bins for that.

For your MF towels I recommend vacuum storage bags, I got some cheap ones at Walmart. They come in all sizes and even though they are not the highest quality, you can store A LOT of MF in one bag. Plus a regular vacuum with a hose is all you need.

tuscarora dave
06-03-2010, 10:25 PM
I throw my gear in big carry all tool bags from Harbor freight tools. I have four of them but don't like them so much because they tip over easily but they do work. I have 2 large Space Bags that I keep in my car for microfiber towels. 1 in the car for clean towels and 1 in the trunk for dirty ones when I fill up the dirty towel bag it is a perfect washing machine load size. This is the best system i have come up with yet.