PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Poli-Seal thickening?

Pages : [1] 2

Mindflux
06-02-2010, 11:14 PM
I picked up my 32oz PoliSeal I've not got around to using yet and opened the lid to see what it looked like. It was definitely separated and yellow, clumpy material was all I could see.

I shook the container for a good minute before it no longer felt separated (was very watery/sloshy). In fact now when you shake it you feel nothing. It's incredibly thick!

So, my question to you folks is what is PoliSeal's consistency like? I'm sure it's fine, though it seems that once shaken up the 32oz container only about half full? Did something evaporate off? I've had it about a year and a half.

Container + product weight = 31 ounces. It seems something evaporated off or I got shorted? All my polishes/compounds/waxes/etc stay inside in a controlled air conditioned environment to prevent excess heat or cool temperatures from doing weird things to products.

In fact, it's so thick I can make it 'stand' from the container.

http://gallery.me.com/mindflux/100013/Ps/web.jpg

Lasthope05
06-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Poli-seal is pretty thick but it should not be as thick as you have in the picture.

nothelle
06-03-2010, 12:54 AM
I had that problem, and after a while it separates the liquid from the rest. Got answer back directly from optimum people and said to shake well for a few minutes should get it back to normal. Well, mine didn't so i figured it was a bad batch or something happened during shipment.

dublifecrisis
06-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Mine gets like that too. Last week I sprayed a little one ad in mine.

Mindflux
06-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Mine gets like that too. Last week I sprayed a little one ad in mine.

You sprayed what? Sorry?

Mindflux
06-03-2010, 08:09 AM
I had that problem, and after a while it separates the liquid from the rest. Got answer back directly from optimum people and said to shake well for a few minutes should get it back to normal. Well, mine didn't so i figured it was a bad batch or something happened during shipment.

Yeah, I don't know. What concerns me is both the thickness and the weight of the bottle + product inside the bottle is LESS THAN the weight of the product I bought. (Keep in mind I've never used this bottle of PoliSeal). That means either something evaporated off or my bottle wasn't as full as it should be.

Once I shook it and looked in, the bottle looks about 50% full. I know it's a big ole bottle for 32oz but something seems off for sure.

Matt S.
06-03-2010, 09:02 AM
I just went out and shook up a few bottles....all started out thick and remained thick/creamy without being clumpy or anything. Looks like pudding.

Did you purchase it from us? If so, shoot me your order number and I'll send you a new bottle free of charge.

Matt

nothelle
06-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Well i've read somewhere that mixing it up with opti-seal could solve this problem, you might want to look around for that reference.

Mindflux
06-03-2010, 09:07 AM
I just went out and shook up a few bottles....all started out thick and remained thick/creamy without being clumpy or anything. Looks like pudding.

Did you purchase it from us? If so, shoot me your order number and I'll send you a new bottle free of charge.

Matt

I purchased it from DetailCity.com in August/Sept of 08. I've never even used it. (too many products, too little time/first house/first wife/first kid)

I didn't post this thread to insinuate I got a bad product from AutoGeek, just to be clear. I posted here because the high volume of traffic might yield some answers quickly.

Thank you for checking Matt :)

Can you yank the top off one of your 32oz-ers and tell me how full the bottle is? Mine in it's "new" state is about 50% full.. which to me seems like something evaporated off? (my bottle+product weighs 31oz)

Mindflux
06-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Well i've read somewhere that mixing it up with opti-seal could solve this problem, you might want to look around for that reference.

Yeah I read that too. I can't say I'm willing to shell out $20 for OS to fix my problem with PS though.

nothelle
06-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Yeah I read that too. I can't say I'm willing to shell out $20 for OS to fix my problem with PS though.

Exactly! just drop an email to optimum and they'll help you out. I live in different continent, so it doesn't make sense for me to ship it back and forth, might as well throw it into the dumpster

Mindflux
06-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Exactly! just drop an email to optimum and they'll help you out. I live in different continent, so it doesn't make sense for me to ship it back and forth, might as well throw it into the dumpster

I've got an email out to them too :) Just wanted to see other users experiences while I waited. :) Thanks.

Matt S.
06-03-2010, 09:18 AM
It's definitely not full to the top, looks to be around 85-90% full.

Mindflux
06-03-2010, 09:21 AM
It's definitely not full to the top, looks to be around 85-90% full.

hrmm. alright something is definitely hinky with mine.

Matt S.
06-03-2010, 09:32 AM
PM me your info and I'll send you a new bottle regardless. Feel like being a nice guy today ;)