PDA

View Full Version : claybar

animescreen
06-02-2010, 07:27 PM
i have claybar questions.
i've done claybarring once and want to do it again (about year and half has passed).
Used mothers.. now just bought meguairs..

1. Is process same method (mothers and meguairs) or should i read the meguars box (not with me right now)
2. How often should i claybar? How often can i claybar if i felt i wanted to?
3. Can i just wash the car, dry it.. clay it.. wax it? or do i need to wash again after claying... i wanted to just go straight to waxing or even just do quick detail to wipe any dust or residue..
4. Any warnings i should be aware of other then let it be moist always?

Rsurfer
06-02-2010, 07:33 PM
i've done claybarring once and want to do it again (about year and half has passed).

1. Is process same method (mothers and meguairs) or should i read the meguars box (not with me right now)
3. Can i just wash the car, dry it.. clay it.. wax it? or do i need to wash again after claying... i wanted to just go straight to waxing or even just do quick detail to wipe any dust or residue..
Most will clay once or twice a year. You might get some miro marring from claying and need to polish before waxing.

HighEndDetail
06-02-2010, 09:03 PM

Most will clay once or twice a year. You might get some miro marring from claying and need to polish before waxing.

There should be no difference in claying, between the different bars..
And like Rsurfer stated you might need to polish