PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to remove lipstick from the sun visor ?

Albsterama
11-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Got this lovely lipstick mark on the driver side fold down sun visor. It runs from the warning label and extends about 2 inches onto the felt. Does anyone have any idea on how I can remove this ?

Meghan
11-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Got this lovely lipstick mark on the driver side fold down sun visor. It runs from the warning label and extends about 2 inches onto the felt. Does anyone have any idea on how I can remove this ?
You have already tried upholstery cleaner??

Albsterama
11-03-2006, 02:14 PM
No, I have not touched it yet - given how lipstick can smear easily and I thought I would get the forum's recommendation before I attack it this weekend.

What upholstery cleaner would be recommended, or if there is anything in the house I can use in it's place ?

P1et
11-03-2006, 04:52 PM
I'd say it isn't so bad to have lipstick on the sun visor!!!

:D :D :D

sparkie
11-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Magic Eraser

scottinflorida
11-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Of course I'd like to hear how lipstick got on your sunvisor but....

Anyway, what is your sunvisor made of? Hard plastic? Vinyl? Cloth?

I'd start with something easy like Lysol or Simple Green. If that doesn't work then try some Goof-Off.

Paint thinner, acetone, MEK? That stuff will melt plastic but it will also remove the lipstick. :D

Al-53
11-03-2006, 05:55 PM
try some Folex stain remover for carpets and upolstry..works great.....been around 30 years....do not know if AG sells it or not..but can get at Home Depot or Lowes....

AL

supercharged
11-03-2006, 06:43 PM

:D :D :D evidence.

ScottB
11-03-2006, 07:03 PM
treat it like grease or wax .... Id try a damp towel with some Woolite first. Move to magic eraser as needed.

Albsterama
11-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Of course I'd like to hear how lipstick got on your sunvisor but....

Anyway, what is your sunvisor made of? Hard plastic? Vinyl? Cloth?

I'd start with something easy like Lysol or Simple Green. If that doesn't work then try some Goof-Off.

Paint thinner, acetone, MEK? That stuff will melt plastic but it will also remove the lipstick. :D

nah..nuthin sneaky. the last owner of our jag was a woman with kids (as evident by the rock solid rice bubbles on the side of the front passenger. my wife said she tried to put lipstick on the moved the visor down or something stupid like that...

Seems like Magtic Eraser is the go, might have have to go and get that. Thanks everyone...

wytstang
11-05-2006, 02:05 PM

I was thinking good times :awesome: