PDA

View Full Version : Help designing a Business Card

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
06-01-2010, 10:37 PM
I've had a business card for a while now...nothing really flashy...just business name/my name/phone #'s and a little clip art of a 50somethin Vette....Ive always just printed them up at home using those thick paper type ones you can buy from Office Max and do at home.

Now I'd like to get a more professional looking card...something glossy and with a picture of a REAL car on it rather than clip art. I'd kind of like to keep the old 2 tone red/white vette as the car on it, but was wondering what you guys have used to design your cards and where you found the pictures you used to put onto your card.

Also, about how much does it run to get some printed up?
Any ideas?

thanks!

CH.Detailing
06-01-2010, 11:23 PM
I recently had some made, it cost me ~$45 shipped for 500 with a card holder. Glossy stock, single side color, both sides printed, with express shipping from VistaPrint.com.

I had a friend of mine who does graphic design create it for me, he did it for free so I can't help you on how much that usually costs.

Here is the rough design, I don't have a jpeg of the final edit.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1267/4661836455_f81281bcb6_b.jpg

On the back there is space to write down an appointment date.

anson89
06-02-2010, 12:33 AM
If you're looking to design a business card, I have a person that can help you design it a cheap price for pro results. Here's mine:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs289.snc3/28117_407362329280_365935269280_3729667_221220_n.j pg

maximus20895
06-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Both of those are really good!

JonM
06-02-2010, 12:36 AM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk]YouTube - Your business card is CRAP![/video]
:applause:Im the MAN

maximus20895
06-02-2010, 12:43 AM
That's good, but I would hate having a card that doesn't fit in my wallet. Some people give out cards that are too long and it's just annoying!!!!

Other stuff he said is good, but I wouldn't go out and spend four buck a pop on a card though!

JonM
06-02-2010, 12:49 AM
Neither would I, but the opportunity came up haha. Four dollars is a lot of money. I know there is a company on the net that makes business cards for free, unfortunately I forgot the name. Personally I'd spend a few bucks and get some nice ones professionally made.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
06-02-2010, 01:00 AM
Neither would I, but the opportunity came up haha. Four dollars is a lot of money. I know there is a company on the net that makes business cards for free, unfortunately I forgot the name. Personally I'd spend a few bucks and get some nice ones professionally made.

Hahaha, man that guy is funny...his card is a pop up book! Maybe a 3rd grader would be impressed? I agree a non wallet size card would be a pain...be hard to keep track of and be more of a hassel than its worth. I think cards are more effective AFTER the fact that you've done something anyway. I think ONE good job with a standard...but nice...card is worth more than 100 of those $4 cards with b/s results.

I think my work and word of mouth from my customers will generate all the business i need...not how cute my card looks and if i have a pop-up buffer on it:buffing: lol.

To CH and Anson both of you guys have nice cards...and CH I like the idea of having a spot on the back to put a date...i might adopt that idea if ya dont mind:xyxthumbs:.

I thought about on the front having just basic info and then maybe on the back having specific jobs but i think just the general info will be enough and use the back for something more useful (like your idea!)

Anson if i have trouble designing my own I may contact your friend, you can PM me his info if you'd like.

I have a couple programs that will let me design the card...i think the main thing i need is a place where i can get some actual pictures I can use without breaking any copyright rules lol.

maximus20895
06-02-2010, 01:25 AM
The key to any business is how are you DIFFERENT. Most people join the heard..don't make your card the same like others, yes it can fit in the wallet, but do spice it up a little. Look at all your cards right now and see if there is ONE that you would notice more..if not would would make you notice that one? More colors, emboss writing, one that runs away? What!