PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions

NiSyam
05-31-2010, 11:13 PM
Lets say im using a swirls remover aka megs 105.. if i do one pass and i want to do a second one can i try and use wolfgang swirl remover? with the same pad without cleaning it ? my question is, can i use 2 different products with the same pad ?

And question #2

Once im done polishing the paint can i wax and then seal it ? is that overkill ?

thanks guys!
:xyxthumbs:

swami
05-31-2010, 11:25 PM
I wouldn't use the same pad without cleaning it. I'm really new to this too, but the pads get loaded up with product real fast, and most experts suggest cleaning the pad every panel or so anyway. I'd keep a pad with the 105 on it and have another with a lesser compound handy and try that. The other thing is, you want to know how each product performs on it's own for future reference.

DARK HORSE
05-31-2010, 11:26 PM
No, not a good idea to cross-contaminate products. Use one or the other. Be sure to finish with a finer finishing polish/pad (like 205 or WG Finishing Glaze and a less aggressive pad then you used for compunding). Yes you can use a sealant and a wax, just be sure to use the sealant first, let it cure for 12 hours, then apply the wax on top of the cured sealant...

rohnramirez
05-31-2010, 11:40 PM
You also do not want to mix products that behave differently, such as non-diminishing abrasives with a diminishing abrasives.

DARK HORSE
05-31-2010, 11:49 PM
You also do not want to mix products that behave differently, such as non-diminishing abrasives with a diminishing abrasives.

Great point Rohn!

Emile
05-31-2010, 11:53 PM
Definitely clean out the pad before using another polish with the same pad. You don't want effects of that first polish to interfere with the second polish. It will confuse you on what kind of results you can expect with each polish.

After polishing, it's best to lay down one coat of sealant, and then top it off with a wax. Waxes are typically less durable than sealants, but offer more warmth and depth of shine.

rohnramirez
06-01-2010, 02:05 AM
Thanks, Tad! :)

NiSyam
06-01-2010, 10:16 PM
woow

thanks guys!

can i apply a sealer drive the car and then wax it ?

how should i clean the car prior to waxing ?

thanks again!

rohnramirez
06-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Yes you can drive it, but make sure you don't get it wet, but it would be best not to. Moisture will reduce the effectivity of the sealant while it is still curing. If you drive it, you would want to wash it after it has cured first before applying wax.

NiSyam
06-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Yes you can drive it, but make sure you don't get it wet, but it would be best not to. Moisture will reduce the effectivity of the sealant while it is still curing. If you drive it, you would want to wash it after it has cured first before applying wax.

Thank you for the tip:xyxthumbs: