PDA

View Full Version : P21S wheel gel??

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
05-31-2010, 05:58 PM
Is it strong enough to clean dirty/soiled wheels, or it is meant more for maintainence cleaning?

HighEndDetail
05-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Is it strong enough to clean dirty/soiled wheels, or it is meant more for maintainence cleaning?

Yes, it is strong enough to clean dirty/soiled rims. And the good thing about p21s is that it is safe on all rims. I like the gel version myself..

Mindflux
05-31-2010, 06:24 PM
I don't think it's particularly strong myself. I've also had it etch my wheels way back in 2003. I guess I didn't rinse it off well
enough.

Grizzly
05-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Never heard of a "maintainence wheel cleaner"

Da Fats
05-31-2010, 07:45 PM
ARO is WAY stronger then P21... and megs brightener diluted 4:1 is still even stronger then ARO but i have found very little ARO wont cleanup.... except the insanely tough black spots on my rims that nothing I have tried has been able to take off... including M105.... no clue ### this crap is but its definitely givign me probelms

What the hell is this stuff

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/wheelstain.JPG

JonMiles
05-31-2010, 09:11 PM
ARO is WAY stronger then P21... and megs brightener diluted 4:1 is still even stronger then ARO but i have found very little ARO wont cleanup.... except the insanely tough black spots on my rims that nothing I have tried has been able to take off... including M105.... no clue ### this crap is but its definitely givign me probelms

Run a decon kit on the wheels, looks like little rust spots to me.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Never heard of a "maintainence wheel cleaner"
That's nice. Neither have I....

To all others, thanks....

cobalt9123
05-31-2010, 10:48 PM
That's nice. Neither have I....

To all others, thanks....

Sure you have, PH balanced car wash would be considered a "maintenance" one. (Only because it's mild and doesn't remove wheel wax-if any is there). If there's no wheel wax then there would be no need, I'd suggest P21S gel :xyxthumbs:

cobalt9123
05-31-2010, 10:50 PM

I have the same stuff on my wheels. I believe it to be rust spots as suggested (also because I have rust spots on my back bumper/hood/other random places). I will be doing a full paint decontamination (Finish Kare) and correction (M205/P085RD/DP Poli Seal/SSII) on the paint and wheels (as they are silver-painted). I will be doing a write up on it as soon as I get a camera and I will let you know how it went.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-31-2010, 10:59 PM
Sure you have, PH balanced car wash would be considered a "maintenance" one. (Only because it's mild and doesn't remove wheel wax-if any is there). If there's no wheel wax then there would be no need, I'd suggest P21S gel :xyxthumbs:
I know, I was being sarcastic. I never stated a "maintainence wheel cleaner" like Grizzly claimed, I said maintainence wheel cleaning, big difference. When something is maintained, that means it won't get extremely dirty, therefore, you won't need something very strong. I guess he couldn't figure that out.

Shane731
05-31-2010, 11:04 PM

I'd try some #0000 steel wool with some soapy water or degreaser/wheel cleaner first. Should be able to find it at Wal-Mart or a home improvement store.

Emile
05-31-2010, 11:57 PM

P21S Wheel Cleaner is for maintenance cleaning. P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner (Special Performance) is for heavily soiled wheels, wheels which are cleaned less frequently, or wheels that tend to accumulate more brake dust than normal.

You will get the full effect of P21S Gel's cleaning power only if you let it stand for 2 hours as per the directions. It is a very powerful, yet safe wheel cleaner.

Da Fats
06-01-2010, 06:40 AM
Please explain how you let something stand for 2 hours on the wheels that is not allowed to dry on the wheels and tends to dry up in 15 minutes? at least in my experience when washing cars outside as i do not hace a facility that give me the abilites to do full water washing inside

I have tried excessively heavy applications to try to get more soak time out of it but no luck... Are you reapplying ever 15?

cobalt9123
06-01-2010, 07:34 AM
I know, I was being sarcastic. I never stated a "maintainence wheel cleaner" like Grizzly claimed, I said maintainence wheel cleaning, big difference. When something is maintained, that means it won't get extremely dirty, therefore, you won't need something very strong. I guess he couldn't figure that out.

I know :props:

WindyCity
06-01-2010, 01:01 PM
P21S Wheel Cleaner is for maintenance cleaning. P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner (Special Performance) is for heavily soiled wheels, wheels which are cleaned less frequently, or wheels that tend to accumulate more brake dust than normal.

You will get the full effect of P21S Gel's cleaning power only if you let it stand for 2 hours as per the directions. It is a very powerful, yet safe wheel cleaner.

IMO a 2 hour dwell time does not sound like a very powerful wheel cleaner? There is no way I can let the product dwell for 2 hours... I need to keep the detail flowing. After 2 hours I am doing the final dress on the tires and trim and cannot be going back to the initial cleaning phase to rinse off a wheel cleaner that takes 2 hours. I have never used P21s due to the high cost (I dont use boutique products). Alot of people swear by P21 but I have also heard that it is not that great?!?