PDA

View Full Version : Honey Comb Grill Advice Needed

WEST SIDE
05-30-2010, 11:29 PM
I purchased an 04-T-Bird with a Honey comb grill with openings 1"x2" about 70 of them.The grill is plastic chrome and behind it is a black styrofoam type of material that is faded and needs some dressing to bring the color back.
What is the best way to approach this?I could use a small paint brush in between the openings but would love to use a spray bottle as it would be faster but don't know what that would do to the plastic chrome.

Products I have
PBTR
Megs ASD
Megs Gold class trim restorer
303 protectant

Treat black part first then plastic/chrome grill?

Thanks
Ken

Rsurfer
05-31-2010, 12:16 AM
See if you can find IN and OUT it's a spray.

The Autosmart In and Out Smart Spray is a automotive release agent and conditioning spray.

The In and Out Smart Spray conditions window channels, weather stripping, trunk seals, and rubber moulding. It also quickly restores badly faded plastic, rubber, flat painted surfaces and AC vents to their original luster and shine.

An aerosol, Autosmart In & Out Spray makes detailing hard-to-reach areas a simple task. Non greasy, and easily wipes from paint and glass. Once you have tried the Autosmart In & Out Spray, you will undoubtedly want more. It will reduce tedious detail work.

The Autosmart In and Out Smart Spray is used by professionals for the ultimate quality control. A must for the Car Enthusiast and the Car Collector.

12 oz aerosol spray can

WRAPT C5Z06
05-31-2010, 01:16 AM
Duragloss #265

Shane731
05-31-2010, 02:12 AM
I'd try Meguiar's Exterior Trim Detailer. It's an aerosol dressing for exterior trim. You might be able to find it at Pep Boys. That's where I got mine.

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/imagesEdp/p84726z.jpg

WRAPT C5Z06
05-31-2010, 02:22 AM
I'd try Meguiar's Exterior Trim Detailer. It's an aerosol dressing for exterior trim. You might be able to find it at Pep Boys. That's where I got mine.

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/imagesEdp/p84726z.jpg
Never knew about this stuff! Looks like it would be great for engine bays, too. :xyxthumbs: