PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Dodge Ram Rims

rweekley
05-30-2010, 08:31 PM
I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 that I bought used last year. The riims I have on it are the factory chrome clad ones. The chrome clad portion is fine, what I am having problems with is getting is the inner portion of the rims, which have some type of ribs for being machined in and they are holding all the brake dust and stuff. I have been using Megs Hot Rim All Wheel Cleaner and a stiff nylon brush to clean these ribs out, but there is still alot left in the rib area. What would be the next step/more aggressive step I could take to get ribbed inner portion of these rims cleaned out? Thanks:xyxthumbs:

snowking724
05-30-2010, 09:07 PM
pb spray and rinse.great stuff

dublifecrisis
05-30-2010, 09:52 PM
need pictures.

JonMiles
05-30-2010, 10:55 PM
I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 that I bought used last year. The riims I have on it are the factory chrome clad ones. The chrome clad portion is fine, what I am having problems with is getting is the inner portion of the rims, which have some type of ribs for being machined in and they are holding all the brake dust and stuff. I have been using Megs Hot Rim All Wheel Cleaner and a stiff nylon brush to clean these ribs out, but there is still alot left in the rib area. What would be the next step/more aggressive step I could take to get ribbed inner portion of these rims cleaned out? Thanks:xyxthumbs:

I have the same wheels, now stripped and powder coated black, but when they were chrome I removed them once a year and cleaned the inside with megs wheel bright and a stiffer boars hair brush. I then did a clay on them, followed by some wheel sealant. Once you get the ribs deep cleaned once and sealed it is easy to clean them later with just a spoke brush and p21s

rweekley
05-31-2010, 05:18 PM
Here is a picture of of the inside of the rims.

What is/are P21's??

Also JonMiles, did you remove that chrome clad cover first before having them powder coated? And you wouldn't happen to have a picture of them would you?

JonMiles
05-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Here is a picture of of the inside of the rims.

What is/are P21's??

Also JonMiles, did you remove that chrome clad cover first before having them powder coated? And you wouldn't happen to have a picture of them would you?

p21s wheel cleaner gel. Its a really nice safe way to clean wheels with minimal effort by hand.

I had the chrome stripped at the powder coating shop, not really sure how they did it. They also did a cool chrome ring around the edge which turned out nice.

rweekley
06-01-2010, 06:56 AM
p21s wheel cleaner gel. Its a really nice safe way to clean wheels with minimal effort by hand.

I had the chrome stripped at the powder coating shop, not really sure how they did it. They also did a cool chrome ring around the edge which turned out nice.

Nice looking rims! About how much did that cost you?

JonMiles
06-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Nice looking rims! About how much did that cost you?

$120 a piece + $60 to get the center cap, and lugs redipped