PDA

View Full Version : grit guard

animescreen
05-30-2010, 06:55 PM
i was thinking of getting this but realized that everytime i wash my car.. i do two bucket method but usually take a hose and rinse the sponge to begin with and if i do put it in rinse bucket it seems to float.. so i probally don't need it right?

Reddwarf
05-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Good point, the pad does float but I will drag my mitt across the grit guard to get off any grit.

maximus20895
05-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Right, I wouldn't risk it at all. It's 17 for two of them and they help regardless. Just get ittttt

CEE DOG
05-30-2010, 07:47 PM
i was thinking of getting this but realized that everytime i wash my car.. i do two bucket method but usually take a hose and rinse the sponge to begin with and if i do put it in rinse bucket it seems to float.. so i probally don't need it right?

Funny, I use the same method on my Sky (spraying the mitt out well before rinsing). Probably why it takes me so long to wash the car! I still use the grit guards in both buckets. After hosing the mitt I rub it across the grit guard in the rinse bucket and then give it one quick wring out before dipping back in my wash solution.

Old Tiger
05-30-2010, 08:17 PM
I like the Dirt Dropper much better than a Grit Guard. It has a washboard affixed to a grit guard . It is on pailpall.com. It is very well made and is superior to a GG IMO.. Costs $17 but is well worth it IMEE. I gave my GG to a friend and bought another Dirt Dropper.

Rsurfer
05-30-2010, 08:47 PM
I like the Dirt Dropper much better than a Grit Guard. It has a washboard affixed to a grit guard . It is on pailpall.com. It is very well made and is superior to a GG IMO.. Costs $17 but is well worth it IMEE. I gave my GG to a friend and bought another Dirt Dropper.:iagree:if you try to rinse your mitt against a grit guard all the crap on the bottom gets stirred up and into your mitt. The dirt dropper is a much better unit.

Bunky
05-31-2010, 05:35 AM
I like the Dirt Dropper much better than a Grit Guard. It has a washboard affixed to a grit guard . It is on pailpall.com. It is very well made and is superior to a GG IMO.. Costs $17 but is well worth it IMEE. I gave my GG to a friend and bought another Dirt Dropper.

I liked the idea Mike P. showed putting two grit guards in a rinse bucket. This approximates some of the possible advantages of the Dirt Dropper.

Old Tiger
05-31-2010, 09:18 AM
:iagree:if you try to rinse your mitt against a grit guard all the crap on the bottom gets stirred up and into your mitt. The dirt dropper is a much better unit.
As usual you are spot on. I failed to point this out. AG should carry the Dirt Dropper since they already carry the PailPal detail cart which is also great IMO.

Old Tiger
05-31-2010, 09:22 AM
I liked the idea Mike P. showed putting two grit guards in a rinse bucket. This approximates some of the possible advantages of the Dirt Dropper.
Al, I think for the same $$ a Dirt Dropper is still superior.