PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for Menzerna Power Gloss compound?

STi05'
05-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Hello everyone,
So I am looking for a replacement for my Menzerna Power Gloss compound. I just never have much luck with it. It dries out before it gets a chance to break down. What would you all get to replace it?

ScottB
05-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Megs 105 might be a bit lighter but should work well as a replacement.

D_Nyholm
02-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Bringing this back up to the top since it has been a while and i have the same question. I have Power Gloss but feel that it is difficult to work with as it dries too fast and is SOOO thick. Any other offerings come out recently? I keep hearing people having a tough time working with 105, and I guess i've been spoiled with SIP and how easy I think it is to work with.

A4 1.8tqm
02-23-2011, 06:02 PM
I use and like PG. Try priming your pad with some Pinnacle pad lube (or similar product) and if it still dries out too soon, spray a light mist on the panel and continue working it until broken down or "flashes". That's what has worked for me anyway.

embolism
02-23-2011, 09:39 PM
can you mix powergloss with some mineral oil/baby oil like some do for M105 or maybe even some SIP or 85rd?

would be a shame to waste a bottle of powergloss non?

C. Charles Hahn
02-23-2011, 10:19 PM
can you mix powergloss with some mineral oil/baby oil like some do for M105

Oh crap..... not this again! :dig::bolt:

David Fermani
02-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Hello everyone,
So I am looking for a replacement for my Menzerna Power Gloss compound. I just never have much luck with it. It dries out before it gets a chance to break down. What would you all get to replace it?

For me, it's one of the worst compounds I've ever used and no longer has a place in my aresenal what so ever. Any compound like Meg's M105, 3M or Optimum blows it away.

mxfly
02-24-2011, 01:11 AM
PG is a very effective heavy compound if you know how to work it. Took me some time to figure it out and priming the pad with a conditioner is a good start to work the product. Amount of product on the pad is also important. Too little and you're dry buffing, too much and the pad gets caked up very quickly.

kronos
02-24-2011, 01:40 AM
Bringing this back up to the top since it has been a while and i have the same question. I have Power Gloss but feel that it is difficult to work with as it dries too fast and is SOOO thick. Any other offerings come out recently? I keep hearing people having a tough time working with 105, and I guess i've been spoiled with SIP and how easy I think it is to work with.

According to many pro reviews, the new Meg's compound D300 has slightly less cut than M105, but with a lot less dusting and a longer working time. You can find it in 16oz. sizes too.

richy
02-25-2011, 09:11 AM
PG should be the last product in your aresenal you go to. M105 with a wool pad will get most of your sins out. For the worst of the worst, PG+wool is the strongest tool at your disposal.

rfinkle2
02-25-2011, 09:43 AM
I don't particularly like to "hear" the polish cutting the paint. Powergloss is some seriously aggressive product.

I've substituted M105 for PG.

ShaunD
03-04-2011, 09:44 PM
I have and use PG, and also XMT4. The XMT4 is more aggressive IMO but if not worked long enough will leave more hazing than PG. With PG, you just need to prime the pad and not build up heat with too much speed and pressure. Too much pressure seems to cake the pad quickly, IMO. You have to keep compounds mixed well and don't be afraid to mist the pad in the middle of working a section; usually a bette idea than adding more product, unless the pad isn't primed already. Don't kick PG to the curb, he's a good kid.lol :) I did notice with the sample packet of PG I first used didn't dust as much as the product from the 32oz. bottle. Not sure what that means besides that maybe PG works best when stored in a more air-tight container; might mist some water into my PG and shack it well, then store some in a baggy and use it from there to see if that helps reduce the dusting. Will let AGO know the results if I get around to it.