PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning and dressing vinyl?

mcpp66
05-29-2010, 10:32 PM
I have a question, I recently cleaned the vinyl on my DD using DP Total Interior Cleaner, followed that up with Wolfgang Rubber and Vinyl Protectant, and then followed that up with Poorboy's Trim Restorer. Poorboy's gave the dash such an awesome shine and gloss. I'm proud to say that I'm just absolutely, madly, in love with Poorboy's Trim Restorer. Anyhow, my question is did I do this in the correct order? Or should I have laid down the Poorboy's and then top that off with the Protectant? My thinking was that the protectant might take away from the shine and gloss. What say you?

DARK HORSE
05-29-2010, 11:14 PM
I have a question, I recently cleaned the vinyl on my DD using DP Total Interior Cleaner, followed that up with Wolfgang Rubber and Vinyl Protectant, and then followed that up with Poorboy's Trim Restorer. Poorboy's gave the dash such an awesome shine and gloss. I'm proud to say that I'm just absolutely, madly, in love with Poorboy's Trim Restorer. Anyhow, my question is did I do this in the correct order? Or should I have laid down the Poorboy's and then top that off with the Protectant? My thinking was that the protectant might take away from the shine and gloss. What say you?

I do agree PB's World Trim Restorer is a great product... But no need to use both the WG R&V protectant and the PB's Trim Restorer, as they are both essentially the same type of product. Both will re-hydrate and make vinyl, plastics and rubber look better, and both are also fortified UV protection...

mcpp66
05-29-2010, 11:45 PM
I do agree PB's World Trim Restorer is a great product... But no need to use both the WG R&V protectant and the PB's Trim Restorer, as they are both essentially the same type of product. Both will re-hydrate and make vinyl, plastics and rubber look better, and both are also fortified UV protection...

I didn't know that PB's offered protection. Thanks.

DARK HORSE
05-30-2010, 12:12 AM
I didn't know that PB's offered protection. Thanks.

No prob, here's a link to a full description:

Poorboy's World Trim Restorer 32 oz. Refill (http://www.autogeek.net/pbtr32.html)

Bunky
05-30-2010, 06:25 AM
From the description of the WG product, it is a different kind of product than PB's. The WG is a mainly a protectant/dressing while PB TR is more a restoration product. I would think you would use PB's to restore and then maintain with the WG.

DARK HORSE
05-30-2010, 11:18 AM
After reading the descriptions of both again, I still see no need to use both at the same time. I still think they are very similar products, in thier function. WG offers a less satin finish. I've used both (at different times) and I prefer the PB's...

Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant penetrates beyond the surface to maintain pliability and integrity of vinyl and rubber surfaces! (http://www.autogeek.net/wg2700.html)

Poorboy's World Trim Restorer 32 oz. Refill (http://www.autogeek.net/pbtr32.html)

1flyfisher
05-30-2010, 10:29 PM
I just did my interior with 303.
Great stuff and you only need one application.
Spray on and wipe off, real easy.