PDA

View Full Version : My prices!(before revisions)

Pages : [1] 2

GK Auto Spa
05-29-2010, 10:07 PM
What would you revise from this service price list? I wanna see how OFF i am to the average Detailer or Shop!

PREMIUM HANDWASH
* thourough handwash/chamois dried
* bug,tar & mud removed
* rims/tires & wheel wells cleaned
* tires/exterior trim dress'd
* leaves removed(if any)
* interior vacuumed
* dash & doors wiped
* door/trunk jambs wiped
* windows(in&out)/mirrors cleaned

cars & small trucks............................................ ......................$20.00
mid-size trucks,suv's & mini vans.............................................. $25.00
full-size trucks,large suv's & vans.............................................. $30.00
+ rain-x ..........................add $5
+ express wax.................add $20
+ hand wax(longer)............add $25

INTERIOR TREATMENT
* premium handwash
* vacuumed thouroughly
* shampoo complete interior
* shampoo floor mats
* dash,doors & console cleaned
* dash,doors & console protected(w/LEXOL)
* leather cleaned & dress'd
* fabric cleaned & 3M Scotchgaurded(water/stain repellant)
* febreze scent of choice

cars & small trucks............................................ ..........................$75.00
mid-size trucks,suv's & mini vans.............................................. ....$85.00
full-size trucks,large suv's & vans.............................................. .....$95.00

+ H2's/Excursions ..........add $20 - up
+ heavily soiled .............add $25 - up
+ pet hair (lght-hvy)...........add $25 - up

EXTERIOR TREATMENT
* premium handwash
* exterior trim clean'd/protected
* clay bar used for "Smooth as Glass" finish
* buff light to medium scratches
* swirl marks removed
* paint is polished to a "Showrom Shine"
* paint is sealed for a lasting Shine
* windows treated with Rain-X

cars & small trucks............................................ .............................$65.00
mid-size trucks,suv's & mini vans.............................................. .......$75.00
full-size trucks,large suv's & vans.............................................. ........$85.00

+ dull faded paint .................add $20
+ heavily scratch'd paint .......add $25

TOP NOTCH TREATMENT
* engine cleaned/dress'd
* premium hand wash
* interior treatment
* exterior treatment
* febreze air freshner
* all emblems clear'd of wax residue
* all windows treated with Rain-X

cars & small trucks .................................................. ..................$120.00
mid-size trucks,suv's & mini vans.............................................. ....$140.00
full-size trucks,large suv's .................................................. ...........$160.00

We use Meguiar's products for Best Results!!

+ Luxury cars/ Exotics ............................... uses "HIGH END" waxes & polishes
(zymol,P21S,Klasse & others) ....add $40

SPECIAL SERVICES
* Rain-X all windows .................................................. .....................$10.00
* floor mats shampoo'd .................................................. ..................$15.00
* 3M Scotchgaurd .................................................. .........................$20.00
* engine clean'd/detail'd .................................................. ....................$25.00
* pet hair (prices vary/lght-hvy).............................................. ................$25.00
* clay bar/wax .................................................. ..................................$60.00
* convertible top care .................................................. .......................$50.00
* headlight restoration .................................................. ......................$50.00
* prfessional paint polish .................................................. ...................$80.00
* 5 stage paint recovery .................................................. ....................$100.00

Rain checks are 24 hours from the time wash is completed

MONTHLY MAINTAINENCE PAKAGES
We bring your car to new condition and keep it that way

cars & small trucks .................................................. ..................$180.00
mid-size trucks,suv's & mini vans.............................................. ....$220.00
full-size trucks,large suv's .................................................. ...........$280.00

*prices may vary with vehicle condition & package

5 week month(sample pkg)
1 Top Notch Treatment
2 Premium Handwash
1 Hand Wax
1 Paint Sealant

GK Auto Spa is owned & operated by Gerald King

oldmodman
05-29-2010, 10:45 PM
The first thing I would like to know is where are you located. If you are in Beverly Hills you are giving your work away.
If the median home price in your area is $375,000.00 you are about right. Maybe even still a little low.
Have you compared your pricing to other, high quality detailers in your neighborhood?
That would be a good place to start.

ziggo99
05-29-2010, 11:31 PM
I say you're wayy under. $65 for some actual polishing? You're selling yourself way short. Don't shot yourself in the foot from the start. Better to start higher and go down than do good work for cheap and then try to raise your prices. Someone may say "Well, I got x work done for z dollars last time, why is it more now?"

Jumpingbean
05-30-2010, 12:40 AM
That's waaay cheap in my opinion. I'm no professional and if I was going to do a friends car I'd charge more than that....

Lasthope05
05-30-2010, 01:43 AM
Whoa! You are definitely selling yourself short. No offence, but those prices are the same as the craigslist "hack" detailers. Interior only should be a good $125 and Exterior only for a single step should be around $150-$175. Also you paint correction should not be at a set price of $80 or $100. Paint correction is done with and hourly rate, usually $40-$60 depending upon your area.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
05-30-2010, 02:00 AM
Dont feel bad about the 'your prices are too low' comments lol...ive been there...you feel you dont want to screw anyone over but on the same hand dont screw yourself. I really cant tell you want good prices are becasue as someone stated it depends on your location...but I think you'd be bustin your butt for very little money. I'm sure your worth more and I'm sure you know your work well enough to know what its worth...so i'd say up it some too

GK Auto Spa
05-30-2010, 04:28 AM
The first thing I would like to know is where are you located. If you are in Beverly Hills you are giving your work away.
If the median home price in your area is $375,000.00 you are about right. Maybe even still a little low.
Have you compared your pricing to other, high quality detailers in your neighborhood?
That would be a good place to start.

I browsed a few!

GK Auto Spa
05-30-2010, 04:30 AM
I say you're wayy under. $65 for some actual polishing? You're selling yourself way short. Don't shot yourself in the foot from the start. Better to start higher and go down than do good work for cheap and then try to raise your prices. Someone may say "Well, I got x work done for z dollars last time, why is it more now?"

GOOD IDEA! Thanx

GK Auto Spa
05-30-2010, 04:46 AM
Wow,thanks for the feedback. I want to market myself to a hi end customers also. On my flyer/brochure one side would be STANDARD prices & the other would be HIGH END.. The standard would use Meguiars for everything & the HIGH END would use Swissvax i guess or something of that echelon.

I've work @ several detail shops in the area such as...
Cactus Car Wash - Georgia and South Carolina Locations ! (http://www.cactuscarwash.com/a2.htm)

Klean Karz his prices are $15 bronze,$25 silver,$35 gold,$45 & Full detail $200
here i find that customers want the cheapest

&World Toyota....im embarrased to say what i was getting per car.
Let's just say a Full D= $35 & the BOSS gets first dibbs on them!! This is mainly why i started my own.

THANKS GUYZ FOR THE FEEDBACK!!:dblthumb2:

GK Auto Spa
05-30-2010, 04:50 AM
My prices would start from $20-$200 as the standard prices. Plus i have this new idea for a MONTHLY MAINTENANCE program in which no one offers here,so that would be hard to price. I know that would work because @ Catus i saw all the "BIG NAMES" in Atlanta roll thru & im sure my exclusivity would keep them out of the publics eye:props:

Bunky
05-30-2010, 06:05 AM
It looks very cheap.

What are drive thru car washes charging? In our area it is about $20 minimum so you should be able command a premium. Can you make money off $20 a wash - factoring in your labor (including any travel time) and product expenses? My guess you would need to do 3 $20 per hour once you factor in all your expenses. What is the "viable" (the ones who have been business for some time) charging since it sounds like you want to sustain a business and not pick up some quick cash.

GK Auto Spa
05-30-2010, 09:18 AM
It looks very cheap.

What are drive thru car washes charging? In our area it is about $20 minimum so you should be able command a premium. Can you make money off $20 a wash - factoring in your labor (including any travel time) and product expenses? My guess you would need to do 3 $20 per hour once you factor in all your expenses. What is the "viable" (the ones who have been business for some time) charging since it sounds like you want to sustain a business and not pick up some quick cash.

Thanx Bunky! When i finalize it i will consider everything thats said here.

jono20
05-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Woooo first post. Just figured I'd throw in my 2 cents, I'm up in Canada, and I concentrate mainly on exterior stuff. This is a link to my price list on Google docs. Keep in mind everything is a little more expensive up here, but I've been told even my prices are low.

JPD Price List
Google Docs (http://bit.ly/aJNnYU)

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
05-31-2010, 12:57 AM
You know one other idea for your set up....i think its a little too complicated. Sure everyone on here knows what swirl removal is and compounding and polishing etc etc etc....but if you're at all like me...think back to when you first started..you probably didnt know the differece between a wax and a compound (i know i didnt).

Now true I understand that you are suppose to bring your customers up to speed, but they may ask you to give them result 'A' but skip the necessary steps to get to it...and even after explaining to them why you have to do 'x,y,z' to get them to that result, they may think its not worth it and just go with what they're familiar with...a wax.

What I'm saying is maybe have a couple of exclusive stand alone options...such as headlight restoring....engine detailing...things like that...but then maybe have 2 packages or so of just exterior...2 or so of just interior...and then 2 or so of FULL detail...and how indepth each one gets...so if your cheapest detail includes 'A,B,C'....then you have a baseline...then you add ALL the steps necessary to bring it to the next level and have that your #2 detail that has 'A,B,C...but adds D&E' and then you can explain to them what the difference is between Detail #1...and Detail #2...rather than having to have them pick and choose what they want off of your menu.

Its kidna like a fast food join for example...sure you can go in and say i want a burger i want fries i want a drink...but usually you'll just say 'give me a #1 please' if your going to get multiple things. I think it will save time and increase money becasue then you arnt stuck with little penny jobs that may not give the customer what he expects even thou you explained it to them.

Just my .02 cents...this is just how i plan to set up my pricing is all. Few 'specialty' offer...a couple interior...a couple exterior...and a couple full packages.

GK Auto Spa
05-31-2010, 08:31 AM
You know one other idea for your set up....i think its a little too complicated. Sure everyone on here knows what swirl removal is and compounding and polishing etc etc etc....but if you're at all like me...think back to when you first started..you probably didnt know the differece between a wax and a compound (i know i didnt).

Now true I understand that you are suppose to bring your customers up to speed, but they may ask you to give them result 'A' but skip the necessary steps to get to it...and even after explaining to them why you have to do 'x,y,z' to get them to that result, they may think its not worth it and just go with what they're familiar with...a wax.

What I'm saying is maybe have a couple of exclusive stand alone options...such as headlight restoring....engine detailing...things like that...but then maybe have 2 packages or so of just exterior...2 or so of just interior...and then 2 or so of FULL detail...and how indepth each one gets...so if your cheapest detail includes 'A,B,C'....then you have a baseline...then you add ALL the steps necessary to bring it to the next level and have that your #2 detail that has 'A,B,C...but adds D&E' and then you can explain to them what the difference is between Detail #1...and Detail #2...rather than having to have them pick and choose what they want off of your menu.

Its kidna like a fast food join for example...sure you can go in and say i want a burger i want fries i want a drink...but usually you'll just say 'give me a #1 please' if your going to get multiple things. I think it will save time and increase money becasue then you arnt stuck with little penny jobs that may not give the customer what he expects even thou you explained it to them.

Just my .02 cents...this is just how i plan to set up my pricing is all. Few 'specialty' offer...a couple interior...a couple exterior...and a couple full packages.

Make them choose a complete package other than single them out. I actually thought about a 3 or 4 step paint recovery system that would eliminate some of the extras.
thanx for your advice!! I plan on finalizing the list this week.