PDA

View Full Version : What did you work on today?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

OGauge4Me
05-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Fixed my Makita. The set screw had come loose on the black wire in the handle. Easy fix. :xyxthumbs:

ramar
05-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Tomorrow I may ride my horse, since I got my Camaro I haven't gone riding. No time for all my toys. Hey anyone have any suggestions on how to get my hubby not to flip out when I want to make a $155 purchase for detailing towels and wax for my car? He thinks the stuff at Walmart is ok, says Microfiber and wax is wax...We had Meg's NXT 2.0 so have used that but want a nice top coat wax.

killrflake
05-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Unfortunately there was no time for car work today so I worked on feeding about 40 people today at a picnic at my house. Sunday I'll be attending a friends picnic and Monday, Memorial Day, my immediate family has a quite family picnic in honor of my father who served while in the Army in WW2, my father-in-law a Korea vet in the Marines, my brother was in the Army in Viet Nam and my son who is in the Marine Corps today and still stationed in the U.S.. God bless all our men and women who serve to keep us safe and maintain a standard of living that is second to none.

cfd135
05-29-2010, 10:09 PM
I performed a full detail on a medium blue 2009 Lincoln MKZ. M105/LC foamed wool followed by M205 with a LC orange pad with the Makita. LSP was Griots One Step Sealant via PC. I postponed delivery due to thunderstorms in the area and started on the most severely swirled black paint I've ever tackled, on a Mercury Marauder. So far lots of M105 via foamed wool, and I'm pretty disapointed with the results. Tomorrow will be a long day.

forrest@mothers
05-29-2010, 10:16 PM
I spent the day cleaning windows in cars - the kids' and wife's.

No one knows how to do windows, or vacuum, around the house but me.

Oh yeah, checked the air pressure in the tires, too, since no one can count to 34 psi but me.

mcpp66
05-29-2010, 10:28 PM
I dressed my DD's interior with Poorboy's Trim Restorer (I really love that stuff by the way). A couple of days ago I cleaned the interior with DP Total Interior, DP Pre-Extractor Treatment, DP Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner, Wolfgang Vinyl Protectant, and my Aztec Hot Rod. I bought this car used but I'll bet that it looks better now than when it did when it was pulled off the dealer's lot! I've learned so much about car care from this site. I love it!!

sal329
05-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Detailed a 2010 Altima that had dealer installed swirls from the last time I looked at the car and now has owner installed RIDS from washing with a Walmart MF towel. M105 with PC Orange flat LC pad and KBM followed by Poli Seal Meg Polishing pad then topped with Opt Opti Seal

WEST SIDE
05-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Surfed AM then hosed mud off of truck,no need to wash it will get muddy when I go again.Worked on yard getting ready for daughters high school graduation party next week.Wife washed her own Durango i stay silent or she hands me the hose.

JonMiles
05-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Today I started to detail my truck, got through the interior and wash n clay. Went inside to eat and came back out to find my dog laying in my back seat covered in mud from jumping in the lake behind my house. I quit working after that. 4 hours in to find a mud covered back seat from a german shepherd that can't stay clean for longer than an hour.

Tomorrow I start over and the dog is staying inside.

Wax Gorilla
05-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Washed and fully detailed (LESS CLAYING) the family's DAILEY DRIVERS and waxed 2 of them with FUSION ! My 2010 FORD EXPLORER will get done in the Morning !

2005 MERCEDES C230 PEWTER
2006 MERCEDES C280 BLACK
2007 MERCEDES C230 RED
2006 MERCEDES E350 WHITE

Jenn1270
05-29-2010, 11:39 PM
I detailed my leather recliner that had gotten quite disgusting from the dogs jumping up on it. Started with a little APC+ diluted 10:1 and a scrub brush to get the grime off. I rubbed in a good amount of 1Z leather conditioner. In the mean time I went to a wedding, and when I got home wiped the chair down. It is now clean and soft.

Jenn

DARK HORSE
05-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Worked on the rock today j/k...The wife and I went on a tour of the old Idaho State Penitentiary. Established in 1870 and decommissioned in 1973...Most all of the Prision was accessible and we were able to go into many of the old cells, incuding the solitairy confinement cells, death row cells, and the gallows (where many men were hung)...WOW what a sucky place that would have been to spend time!!!

Locutus
05-30-2010, 03:27 AM
Went to San Antonio with some friends so the "braver" of us could attempt the foue hoeseman challenge
Chunky's Four Horsemen burger (http://www.examiner.com/x-13756-San-Antonio-Restaurant-Examiner~y2009m8d28-Chunkys-Four-Horsemen-burger)
he did not complete it, but we got a good laugh!

JohnHenry
05-30-2010, 04:21 AM
I spent the day cleaning windows in cars - the kids' and wife's.

No one knows how to do windows, or vacuum, around the house but me.

Oh yeah, checked the air pressure in the tires, too, since no one can count to 34 psi but me.

HAHA! Isn't that the truth?

Bunky
05-30-2010, 06:10 AM
I am out of town this week so I did very little yesterday except spent some time on line looking at stuff to buy. I did not bring my detailing kit with me (regretted it) since I could have washed two cars.

Oh, made some eastern NC style bbq pork (cheated - used oven method).