PDA

View Full Version : Which polishes are water based?

ziggo99
05-29-2010, 09:46 AM
After reading about how the Hyrdo Tech pads are designed to work best with water based polishes, I began to wonder: what polishes are water based? I would say some like Meg's #5 and #7 are oil based, but is there an easy way to figure out which polishes are water based?

ziggo99
06-06-2010, 01:27 PM
No one?

Rsurfer
06-06-2010, 01:45 PM
No one?
Get Menzerna polish.

Mike Phillips
06-06-2010, 01:54 PM
No one?

Saying something is "blank-based" is taking a big step into the unknown unless you're the chemist that actually made the product.

A product can be oily and be water based and a product can be watery and be oil based, I'm not a chemist so I'm not going to talk over my head but I've spoken with enough car care chemists to know it's a lot more complex than just calling something blank-based.

I've seen people post products are solvent based or silicone based all my life when I knew what they posted was in-accurate. When you type a product blank-based, you imply to the average person that that product is based-off blank and that's not always true.

Maybe one of our in-house chemists can chime in and clarify what determines whether or not a product is water or solvent or oil based. I know it has to do with whether a product is inside a water emulsion or inside an oil emulsion etc.

As for which product can be or should be used with Hydro-Tech pads, perhaps the pad manufactures could supply us with any research they have already done on this topic.

:)

AeroCleanse
06-06-2010, 02:55 PM
After reading about how the Hyrdo Tech pads are designed to work best with water based polishes, I began to wonder: what polishes are water based? I would say some like Meg's #5 and #7 are oil based, but is there an easy way to figure out which polishes are water based?

System One X3 is water based

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
06-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Poorboy's World Products are water based :xyxthumbs:

(work great with the pads also :props:)