PDA

View Full Version : for the polycharger guys(emile)

Pages : [1] 2

corolla619
05-28-2010, 11:43 PM
so i have a bottle of fk425 and the dosing chart says nothing about it. so me being a polycharger fanatic, i figured why not mix this thing up. so i did. didn't know how it would react ie: streaking, hard to remove, etc.

verdict is: it worked out great. if you think 425 is slick right out of the bottle, try using the ch2 poly. it's 3 times as slick, even w/out a waxed/sealed surface.

on topof that, i spread some out over a panel and just let it dry to see if there was any streaking. also no streaking.

so in a nutshell, ch2 works excellent, all you polycharger guys, try it out. you'll love it.

Lasthope05
05-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Im surprised it worked out for you since you are supposed to use the h20 varient with water based lsp's, spray waxes, and quick detailers.

Did you do a side by side comparison or just polycharged the entire thing with ch2?

corolla619
05-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Im surprised it worked out for you since you are supposed to use the h20 varient with water based lsp's, spray waxes, and quick detailers.

Did you do a side by side comparison or just polycharged the entire thing with ch2?

technically from what i have researched, 425 is water based. i have charged alot of qd'ers and they all perform but the 425 blew them all away.

some spray waxes won't take the h20 as do the same with the qd'ers etc. it's all experimentation.

side by side was pretty much the same. but as for slickness, the charged side was alotslicker by a long shot. and to be able to leave a product on the car and watch it dry with no streaking is amazing to me. btw, this was on a black panel too.

mcpp66
05-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Where can you get Polycharger from?

mcpp66
05-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Where can you get Polycharger from?

Nevermind.........Google is a wonderful thing.

ScottB
05-29-2010, 09:02 AM
you mad scientist you .... boosted Fk425, it should be a product in its own right. Nice work !

corolla619
05-29-2010, 01:25 PM
you mad scientist you .... boosted Fk425, it should be a product in its own right. Nice work !

thank you sir. once i finished mixing it up,

i looked to the sky holding it high up in the air and in a scientist kind of voice said: it's alive, it's alive muahahahaha". j/k

HighEndDetail
05-29-2010, 04:52 PM
I will have to put it in some. The only thing I need to order some more 425 :xyxthumbs:

corolla619
05-29-2010, 05:26 PM
I will have to put it in some. The only thing I need to order some more 425 :xyxthumbs:

you'll love it. i seriously can't believe the level it took the 425 to.

maximus20895
05-29-2010, 05:31 PM
So I am confused. What exactly did you do and what did it achieve?

corolla619
05-29-2010, 05:49 PM
So I am confused. What exactly did you do and what did it achieve?

umm, what is there to really be confused about.

it acheived everything boosting a product is supposed to do.

i also boosted a product that is not on the dosing charts and from what i know, a product nobody has tried boosting.

next i will be boosting onr in qd strength just for fun. i'm on a boosting roll.

not only did it make 425 3x slicker but what amazed me is that i wiped it on a black panel and purposely let it dry and to my avail, no streaks. that is very comforting to me. i hate streaks.

boosting a qd product gives it longevity and makes it quite durable and adding protection.

search polycharger and it will explain what it's purpose is.

feslope
05-29-2010, 06:01 PM
I may be confused here. You are saying that you are adding the solvent based PolyCharger to water based products on purpose, is that correct? I can't figure how you are mixing water and solvent and NOT getting streaks.

maximus20895
05-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks. I'm glad i'm not the only one that is confused..

Lasthope05
05-29-2010, 06:47 PM
I may be confused here. You are saying that you are adding the solvent based PolyCharger to water based products on purpose, is that correct? I can't figure how you are mixing water and solvent and NOT getting streaks.

I said the same exact thing in my post and I'm still confused.

Polycharger has two different product's that are not supposed to be used interchangeably. Thats why they have one for water-based products and another for solvent based products. Also its experimental in that the water-based polycharger(H2O) will not always work well all water-based products but that doesn't mean you should use CH2 in its place.

But if the OP saids he finds noticeable results, who am I to say it doesn't work.

corolla619
05-30-2010, 12:44 AM
I said the same exact thing in my post and I'm still confused.

Polycharger has two different product's that are not supposed to be used interchangeably. Thats why they have one for water-based products and another for solvent based products. Also its experimental in that the water-based polycharger(H2O) will not always work well all water-based products but that doesn't mean you should use CH2 in its place.

But if the OP saids he finds noticeable results, who am I to say it doesn't work.

you are correct in the fact stated about some waterbased products not working with ch2 and vice versa. thus the reason i went ahead and tried my own method seeings i have messed around with ALOT of products via polycharger.

it's all in experimenting with your products. i'm sure alot of you have been dosing your products filling the whole dropper, even though it won't fill the whole dropper the first time. the dosing charts online now state that 1 dose is half the dropper. that was re-written via me/my conversations with autopia.

nonetheless, yes i did boost the 425 with h20, and yes i have excellent results. no streaking(in the sun or shade), and slickness is atleast 3x the normal. best part of the test was the mist and swipe. left the product on the panel and wham, dried streak free.

i have even boosted megs uqw with ch2 and had awesome results. then i went and boosted it with ch2 and had awesome results too. uqw is not on the dosing chart either. experimentation can open up new doors to products you wouldn't expect it from. this is why i am sharing my results with the community, so others can see what i'm trying out.

in this application, i am using ch2(water based) with fk425(waterbased from my research). think that was already stated.

hope the confusion is over for the few of you.

fk425 + h20 poly x residential chemist(yours truly) = phenomenal qd'er on steroids.