PDA

View Full Version : Removing Polish Spatter

Anderson
05-28-2010, 11:21 PM
After doing a round of M105 and 205 tonight, I went back and looked over my work with more light. I have a few spatters of polish sitting on top of this pretty sheen. Is there any easy way to get these off? I have washed, scrubbed, tried using the IPA wipe but it doesnt budge at all. Any nifty tricks from the pro's before I take a hammer and chisel to it?

Big Turkey
05-29-2010, 12:05 AM
Prewax cleaner works. Or what I do is if it's a very small spots here and there I will hit it again with the same pad I used the product it (so it leftover product still moist in the pad) break the splatter loose, and then IPA it away or simply buff with a MF towel.

Ohio Detailing
06-14-2010, 09:27 AM
After doing a round of M105 and 205 tonight, I went back and looked over my work with more light. I have a few spatters of polish sitting on top of this pretty sheen. Is there any easy way to get these off? I have washed, scrubbed, tried using the IPA wipe but it doesnt budge at all. Any nifty tricks from the pro's before I take a hammer and chisel to it?

I feel your pain... I still have not found a way to machine polish without getting thousands of little dots on the windshield after being slung off the foam pad. If you find something that ends up working, please let us know :)

PS: I started putting towels (beach towels work best because they are large) across the windshield under the wipers while using my Makita to buff.