PDA

View Full Version : Please explain the point of a foam cannon?

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
05-28-2010, 06:25 PM
I can't really see any justification for a foam cannon other than it looking cool and being fun to use. You're going to have to do the 2 bucket wash regardless. If you rinse with a pressure washer prior to washing, I'm not sure there's a big difference between that and the foam cannon?

So.Cal.
05-28-2010, 06:34 PM
I think softening up the dirt and lubricating the surface would leave less Self Induced Swirl marks then High pressure blasted at a dry dirty surface. I'm thinking back to my days of Mudding in South FL and how stubborn that muck is to get off. presoaking would have been great back then.

Just my .02

And yeah it looks cool :props:

maximus20895
05-28-2010, 06:40 PM
^right. It's more of an "insurance" on your car as most people still use the two bucket method after word..but it's really damn cool!

Wax Gorilla
05-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Foam Cannon is a quick way to lay down a first line of emulsification of alreay loose road grime. You will still need to use a hond applicator.

Brian_Brice
05-28-2010, 07:03 PM
I'd say it looks pretty cool, but more for show than anything.

CEE DOG
05-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Mark, Not sure if I had it to do over again if I would buy one or not.

As it is I usually rinse the entire car and then foam it. Let the foam set for a minute while I scrub the window seals with a toothbrush and some Griots rubber cleaner. Then I rinse. This will loosen and remove some dirt and hopefully make it a little less likely that I will scratch the car. I don't use a pressure washer on the cars.

Brian_Brice
05-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Mark, Not sure if I had it to do over again if I would buy one or not.

As it is I usually rinse the entire car and then foam it. Let the foam set for a minute while I scrub the window seals with a toothbrush and some Griots rubber cleaner. Then I rinse. This will loosen and remove some dirt and hopefully make it a little less likely that I will scratch the car. I don't use a pressure washer on the cars.

That's a good point of how they can be helpful or save time. :xyxthumbs:

Grizzly
05-28-2010, 07:37 PM
are great for wheels, tires, and wells.

RTexasF
05-28-2010, 07:49 PM
It depends on the car that you are working on. Working on a $150,000 Ferrari? I'll foam that guy several times to keep from marring it while washing (like I've ever even seen one). An old Ford Focus........NAH!

I see it as a bit excessive in many cases but not all. Depends on the job at hand at the time and what you are getting paid for it.

Tank_McNamara
05-28-2010, 08:04 PM
I wouldn't spend my money on a Foam Cannon. Nothing beats 2 buckets and a microfiber mitt.

rwisejr
05-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Love my foam cannon and my two Buckets. When you own a Black car you take every precaution.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Love my foam cannon and my two Buckets. When you own a Black car you take every precaution.
Makes sense.

richy
05-28-2010, 09:13 PM
When your car is muddy, it adds another layer of protection if you will, as it removes a portion of the grime from the paint. Also, I've used it to clean my garage door, the windows on my house and so on. I've even foamed some of my bushes that get spiders in them (the soap drives them away). There's lots of uses for it once you have it.

mcpp66
05-28-2010, 10:05 PM

+2

BobbyG
05-29-2010, 06:51 AM
I wouldn't spend my money on a Foam Cannon. Nothing beats 2 buckets and a microfiber mitt.

This is sort of where I am too. Are the cool? Yup! but I've got lots of cool stuff and don't really need more right now.