PDA

View Full Version : XMT or Poorboys?

Pages : [1] 2

green_fusion
11-02-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm thinking of ordering some swirl removers for future use. I haven't had to buy any yet because I've only had my car since April and even after the countless times I have washed it (2 bucket method), it doesn't have a single mark on it except for a few small rock chips. I know I will get some marks, swirls, etc. someday so I want to be prepared for when that happens and for when I do another persons car. So which is better, XMT series or Poorboys? I know both can be used in the sun, both are priced the same, and the poorboys line doesn't stain trim. Any personal preference from experience? Does one dust less than the other? Or more importantly does one work better than the other? :cheers:

MONSTERMATT
11-02-2006, 12:01 PM
i love the pb ssr#1 i just used it on my black truck and it looks like new!!! never used any of the other stuff so i cant say bout that

MONSTERMATT
11-02-2006, 12:01 PM
i love the pb ssr#1 i just used it on my black truck and it looks like new!!! never used any of the other stuff so i cant say bout that

MikeyC
11-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Personally, I prefer the XMT lineup to the Poorboy's SSR line up. They're both very effective polish lines and both smell great and are easy to work with too. However, when I using the SSR polishes they would dust A LOT. So much so that I would have to either wash or QD the entire car after polishing. The XMT polishes on the other hand do not dust at all really.

Surfer
11-02-2006, 02:01 PM
I'll say this, if I didn't have the Optimum Line (OC and OP) I would use the XMT stuff for the simple fact that it's similar, little/no dusting, longer working times etc. I being able to work OC or OP for 5-10 minutes w/o having it flash or dry up like others too soon even on a PC.

SSR 2.5 etc has great cutting ability but does dust, and on my truck I have all these little crevices and crannies that it will collect in. But if you can put up with the dusting, SSR line is great, and SSR1 is a great finishing polish with a little bite to it.

FloridaNative
11-02-2006, 02:02 PM
+1 for XMT. They are really nice polishes. They have almost zero dust and finish really nice. The abrasives are different than the Poorboy's too. They accomplish the same task as the poorboy's polishes but are less harsh.

ryandamartini
11-02-2006, 03:20 PM
xmt. To me after using both lines, XMT dusts less, leaves a better finish and hardly dusts. XMT 3 on a yellow does some serious correction for a DA polisher.

Plus they all smell great! :)

P1et
11-02-2006, 04:37 PM
I love Poorboys, the product works wonderfully. But it does tend to dust a lot. I usually spray my pad with some QD before putting the product on and it realy helps to keep the dusting to a minimum.

ScottB
11-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Cannot go wrong with either choice ...

Al-53
11-02-2006, 05:48 PM
I think the XMT out performs the PB's SSR's..better working time..less dust...no oily residue...and a nicer finish......the XMT leaves a squeaky finish....both are good products..but XMT is a step ahed...

AL

supercharged
11-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Cannot go wrong with either choice ...:iagree: . XMT dusts less though.

joe.p
11-03-2006, 12:43 AM
Personally, line . However, when I using the SSR polishes they would dust A LOT. So much so that I would have to either wash or QD the entire car after polishingSome polishes dust more then others. PBs is a product that is supose to be able to work in the sun.i have had problems with dusting and the SSR2.5 gumming up.I did notice the otherday in cooler temps on a cooler panel i didn't have this problem..almost zero dusting and no gumming up. I haven't tried the XMT line so i can't comment..

sparkie
11-03-2006, 01:08 AM
I have used all XMT products, great stuff, little to no dusting. Only poorboys I've used is SSR3 awesome too, little to no dusting. Now Megs, you get dust.

bonsaiguitar
11-03-2006, 11:40 AM
I have PB and love it. I haven't seen any of the dust others talk about yet. Very easy to use too. I'll try the XMT next time around.

hwyking
11-03-2006, 02:07 PM
+1 for XMT. They are really nice polishes. They have almost zero dust and finish really nice. The abrasives are different than the Poorboy's too. They accomplish the same task as the poorboy's polishes but are less harsh.

I have the XMT line and love it. I have dusting though. This is my first polisher so I don't know if it's a lot or a little, but there is dust. Am I doing something wrong? Too much product? Polishing too long?