PDA

View Full Version : FK1000P On My Metallic Silver C6 z06

WRAPT C5Z06
05-28-2010, 04:49 PM
It was recommended to try FK1000P on light metallics, so I did and I'm very pleased with the result. You can see the hood looks very glossy and deep. There is a 250 watt halogen beaming down on the car. I polished a few moths back, so all I did this time around was a valuguard neutralizer wash(strips old wax), 91% IPA wipedown, then apply FK1000P. :dblthumb2: FYI, crappy iphone resolution.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/brewinz_2009/009.jpg

Marc08EX
05-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Wow that's great! I have another option to use on my silver car. Have you tried Meguiar's NXT 2.0 yet? I like how glossy and slick the finish is when the wax is applied.

jpegs13
05-28-2010, 06:02 PM
You keep that car in beautiful shape!

WRAPT C5Z06
05-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Wow that's great! I have another option to use on my silver car. Have you tried Meguiar's NXT 2.0 yet? I like how glossy and slick the finish is when the wax is applied.
Thanks!

Never tried NXT 2.0, I read the durability isn't that great. FK1000P is supposed to have exceptional durability.

You keep that car in beautiful shape!
Thanks a bunch! I try!

corolla619
05-28-2010, 06:44 PM
very nice. i too love fk1000p on my light silver metallic. really makes me want to apply it over and over and over lol.

how was applying it for you?

i found using 2 seperate applicators helps alot being they try to dry out so fast and not spread the product thoroughly and in an even coat.

btw, nxt2.0 sure does give a slick finish, but after the 1st wash that goes away quite fast. durability sure lacks also. it does indeed give that "candy shell" appearance but lacks in the "glow/pop" department.

fk1000p gives the best of both worlds, gloss and glow.

as for the dryer in the picture, i'd move it outside:) i'm sure your wife is careful but in the pics it sure looks like one slip and the door will be sitting on your front clip:( then again, i'm sure you have that area covered.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-28-2010, 06:54 PM
very nice. i too love fk1000p on my light silver metallic. really makes me want to apply it over and over and over lol.

how was applying it for you?

Thanks, and I agree! lol

I went through 2 yellow foam applicators on the car. Not sure the foam gave it the most even application, so I ended up putting it on thicker than I wanted to because it's hard to see what areas you've covered on silver. As a result, it was fairly hard to remove. I think using MF applicator would help with a more even application, therefore applying it thinner, and as a result being easier to remove. Once I get the hang of it, it'll be a breeze. Most paste waxes/sealants are not as user friendly as pinnacle sig series II. It glides on and you can put it on ultra thick and it's still easy to remove.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-28-2010, 06:57 PM
as for the dryer in the picture, i'd move it outside:) i'm sure your wife is careful but in the pics it sure looks like one slip and the door will be sitting on your front clip:( then again, i'm sure you have that area covered.
I'm not married(I'm 32) and the GF doesn't live with me, so I have it under control. Thanks for looking out, though. :dblthumb2:

So.Cal.
05-28-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm not married :dblthumb2:

Thats why he has a Z06 :props:

My co-worker, not married. owns his place. Sweet Vette!

And yours looks slick, i'm wondering how FK1000p would work on dark blue metallic

ScottB
05-28-2010, 07:55 PM
sounds like you found a winner ...

WRAPT C5Z06
05-28-2010, 08:39 PM
sounds like you found a winner ...
Yes. It has noticeably more gloss than any wax I've ever used, and, it's very durable!!!!!

WRAPT C5Z06
05-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Thats why he has a Z06 :props:

My co-worker, not married. owns his place. Sweet Vette!

And yours looks slick, i'm wondering how FK1000p would work on dark blue metallic
GF may soon be my wife. lol

I see you're from San Diego. I bought my 07 z06 from a guy in Poway. He's the original owner only drove it 5K miles in 3 years!

sal329
05-28-2010, 09:46 PM
FK 1000p is a great product looks and durability. I like using a 4" LC black pad with polishing pal knock off to apply

corolla619
05-28-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm not married(I'm 32) and the GF doesn't live with me, so I have it under control. Thanks for looking out, though. :dblthumb2:

yep, just looking out.

yeah, try a mf applicator pad, works really well, applies thin even coverage too. i'm definetly with you about how hard it is to see what you've laid down on silvers and lighter colors.

don't think anything can beat the application of sigII or likewise products. but fk1000p can run with them no problem.

glad you also like the results. definetly an amazing product. might just buy 5 or 6 tins so when i'm 80 i'll still have a few laying around.:xyxthumbs:

So.Cal.
05-29-2010, 11:30 AM
GF may soon be my wife. lol!

Thats cool, The Z06 will make a good trade in on a Family Wagon :laughing:

I know Poway very well, I'm up there almost 3 times a week for probably most of this summer fabricating a new rear suspension and transaxel for the dune buggy in my avitar at my buddies garage.

my co-workers vette wasn't that low mileage but he daily drives it and only has 12k on it since 06. He just put a set of forged line wheels on it and I helped him order them so they were built to fit the baer brake's upgrade he's putting on in a few months.

Its an 06 Z-51 and he is OCD with cleaning it and keeping it covered. which is probably the only reason the scratches are kept minimum considering he cleans it "his way" I was impressed the first time i saw it.

sonic03insc
05-30-2010, 09:37 AM
Looks really good!
I'm doing mine next weekend if the weather holds with the Wolfgang system.