PDA

View Full Version : Tire Dressings

rweekley
05-28-2010, 09:37 AM
I know that are going to be alot of different opinions, but what tire dressing have you all found that produce a high shine, long lasting, but with minimal to no tire sling?

Currently, I use Black Magic Tire Wet and Megs Hot Shine and I like the shine I get from these 2. I let these products sit on the tires for over an hour before driving any distances with them, plus I just pray that it doesn't rain. But I still get that tire sling at times and it's a pain in the butt picking off those little silicone beads from the bottom portions of the body panels.

Isn't it the silicone in Tire Wet and Hot Shine that produce the tire sling/mess?

And is it water based tire dressings that produce minimal to no tire sling?

Thanks!

ScottB
05-28-2010, 09:53 AM
For durability and gloss try the Ultima Protectant. For a cheaper water based alternative try Poorboys Bright/Bold, but not quite as durable but looks nice. I only use the cheap aerosol sprays on the wheelwells.

PBMA recently updated the Wolfgang and DP dressings too, more of gels, but I hear they look great. Waiting to try them myself.

Dubbin1
05-28-2010, 09:55 AM
I just gave Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel (http://www.autogeek.net/piblontigel.html) a try this week and so far I am very happy with the results. Drove about 220 miles yesterday and it still looks great. It did loose some of its shine but I did drive through some heavy construction with TONS of dust.

sullysdetailing
05-28-2010, 11:23 AM
For durability and gloss try the Ultima Protectant. For a cheaper water based alternative try Poorboys Bright/Bold, but not quite as durable but looks nice. I only use the cheap aerosol sprays on the wheelwells.

PBMA recently updated the Wolfgang and DP dressings too, more of gels, but I hear they look great. Waiting to try them myself.

If you like shine try the new DP Tire Gel. You can get a nice shine out of it or a semi gloss if you wipe it. There is so sling and it last for weeks evern with the rain

Dubbin1
05-28-2010, 12:13 PM
it last for weeks evern with the rain

That's not what a recent review of it said.

aznwhip
05-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Loving my Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel, but depends on how much shine you're looking for.
Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel, Tire gel protectant, OPT Tire Dressing Gel, protect tires, optibond tire gel (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-bond-tire-gel-32oz.html)

TheCougarGuy
05-28-2010, 01:18 PM
That's not what a recent review of it said.

I'm on week 3 and the tires still look pretty good. I had one day of driving in the rain. There are a few streaks but there's still a nice sheen to the tire. I've very happy with the new DP tire gel.:xyxthumbs:

Dubbin1
05-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Loving my Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel, but depends on how much shine you're looking for.
Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel, Tire gel protectant, OPT Tire Dressing Gel, protect tires, optibond tire gel (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-bond-tire-gel-32oz.html)

That will not give him the high shine that he wants. No matter what the description says its a very not high shine product :)

jpegs13
05-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Pinnacle Black Onyx for shine. 303 Aerospace protectant for "new tire" glossless clean look

wytstang
05-28-2010, 06:47 PM
I use WG tire gel and I'm very happy with it. I also use Op tire dressing (not opti-bond) and it has a glossy shine to it.

Showroom Shine
05-28-2010, 09:13 PM
I am still in search of the ultimate dressing with great shine and durability. My choice so far is DetailKings TNT Gel and their Bling Bling.

killrflake
05-28-2010, 10:48 PM
I have to vote for the Optimum tire gel. I don't care for glossy tires but prefer a rich flat black, and both finishes can be gotten by using the Optimum depending on how many coats you apply and if you buff off any excess which seems to leave the mutted look that I prefer. That's just my .02http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

ryanbabz71
05-29-2010, 12:28 PM
I like Stoner's tire spray. It will last except in heavy rain then it gets washed off.

Photo of the product on my 2010 Silverado and 2008 Tahoe