PDA

View Full Version : The oil DISASTER!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Apokiliptik1
05-27-2010, 10:20 PM
I mean come its been way over a month and this is getting ridiculous!!!! STOP IT AND STOP IT NOW!!!!! I live here on the gulf coast(pensacola fl) and am dreading when the oil gets here, not to mention the poor marine life! Gee wiz this has gotten way out of hand and instead of having BP primarily responsible for containment and cleanup why can't it be a collective effort? I do not see national guard or coast guard on the news helping or doing anything or army corps of engineers! Why is this thing still gushing?!?? Just watch the news and they had to stop doing their 'Top Kill' strategy for some reason they will resume efforts early tomorrow. If that doesn't work then the relief wells won't be drilled completely until august!!!! I know we are smarter people than this! God help us!

rwright
05-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Don't blame the National Guard. Until your elected officials make a call, all they can do is sit back and watch.

Apokiliptik1
05-27-2010, 10:34 PM
i didnt blame them read again. I am saying why isnt it a collective effort to stop it? all i hear is BP this BP that ! BTW i didnt vote for any of them fools

rwright
05-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Maybe you should read again:

I mean come its been way over a month and this is getting ridiculous!!!! STOP IT AND STOP IT NOW!!!!! I live here on the gulf coast(pensacola fl) and am dreading when the oil gets here, not to mention the poor marine life! Gee wiz this has gotten way out of hand and instead of having BP primarily responsible for containment and cleanup why can't it be a collective effort? I do not see national guard or coast guard on the news helping or doing anything or army corps of engineers! Why is this thing still gushing?!?? Just watch the news and they had to stop doing their 'Top Kill' strategy for some reason they will resume efforts early tomorrow. If that doesn't work then the relief wells won't be drilled completely until august!!!! I know we are smarter people than this! God help us!

Apokiliptik1
05-27-2010, 10:43 PM
wow! i do not see them because our government is letting BP handle it and are they handling it? NO! What i am saying is that i feel as if the pres could be using the resources of the national guard corps of engineers and coast guard i mean come on! I am not trying to start an argument im saying is why isnt more people involved?

rwright
05-27-2010, 10:50 PM
That is one topic that I will argue about. The wording in your last statement was much better. Now that we are on the same page, I agree with you. :xyxthumbs: BP should have worked non-stop around the clock toward a solution. This has been going on way too long, I agree also. You can't tell me that they didn't have a disaster recovery plan in place.

Apokiliptik1
05-27-2010, 10:52 PM
That is one topic that I will argue about. The wording in your last statement was much better. Now that we are on the same page, I agree with you. :xyxthumbs: BP should have worked non-stop around the clock toward a solution. This has been going on way too long, I agree also. You can't tell me that they didn't have a disaster recovery plan in place.
glad we could get on the same page :dblthumb2: now only if THEY can.

cobalt9123
05-27-2010, 11:39 PM
I CAN NOT BELIEVE that BP is even operating. I can't believe they haven't had a ridiculous amount of law suits ending the company altogether. Oil companies have WAY too much political influence and POWER in this country.

JonM
05-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Oh please guys...our commander in chief is doing all he can, can't you tell? :rolleyes:

hanging out with Jay Z, vacations, playing basketball. How could he possibly have time for such small problems.

cobalt9123
05-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Oh please guys...our commander in chief is doing all he can, can't you tell? :rolleyes:

hanging out with Jay Z, vacations, playing basketball. How could he possibly have time for such small problems.

Because he fixed healthcare for good, DUH! :doh:

He just gets to sit back and watch now.

kronos
05-28-2010, 01:33 AM
I know. The President is the biggest shot caller on Earth. No one tells him what he can or cannot do! I'm glad we give him the authority to run this country any way he sees fit. :xyxthumbs:

Shane731
05-28-2010, 02:22 AM
Not going to get political, not going to get political, not going to get political. :rolleyes:

Frankly, I'm just plain disgusted with the whole mess. Seems to me like everybody who is capable of doing something is sitting around with their fingers up their butt wondering why this problem isn't going away. Duh! And the EPA has to be taking money under the table here or something, because I haven't heard so much as a peep out of them. I don't know, maybe they're off trying to stop global warming. :p

Matt
05-28-2010, 02:41 AM
I have to agree, I still can't believe it hasn't been stopped! What is going on here? COME ON!

jpegs13
05-28-2010, 04:51 AM
Experts believe this spill will be larger and more damaging to the environment than the Exxon Valdez was. I'm not going to point fingers or place blame. We all drive cars and therfore we're reliant on oil. We need to have proper stopgap measures in place BEFORE an oil rig is placed in service. I have no idea what those measures are as I'm no expert in the field. But, hell, if they can figure out how to get the oil from the location, I'm sure they can figure out what kind of safety features are required in case of a failure. It shouldn't have to be done AFTER the fact, it should exist when the rig is constructed and placed in service. Sorry for the rant, just my .02

Indy YZF
05-28-2010, 07:46 AM
See that's where the problem was, BP didn't think this would ever happen, so they didn't have a plan (at least that is what was reported). I do find it funny that everyone is complaining the government isn't stepping in, what would they do, according to a large segment of the population they can't get anything right, so how do you expect them to fix a problem the oil company can't even stop? I am surprised some other oil company isn't providing some info how to stop this though, since it's making them all look bad.