PDA

View Full Version : Some Detailing Procedure/product questions

svtsupremecy
05-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Ok so im fixing to do my Spring detail on my 07 Mustang GT and my Brother's 04 Mach 1.
I Have a couple questions.

so far im going to Wash/Clay/wash both and then

1.Menzerna Nano/SIP on PC 5' orange and then finish with a white 6.5 pad
2. I have Duragloss 101 and Klasse AIO on 6.5 inch white pad (this is where I have ?s)
which is more appropriate here and what speed on the PC? 4-5?
3. Duragloss 105 by hand
4. maybe top it with Duragloss Aquawax or with some Souveran

If I decide to use my Danase wet glaze, what stage or step should i put that on? in the past i have put it on before the Duragloss 105

thanks guys, and we will get some great photos for you guys of the before/afters

svtsupremecy
05-27-2010, 03:03 PM
anyone ??

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
05-30-2010, 02:17 AM
Ok so im fixing to do my Spring detail on my 07 Mustang GT and my Brother's 04 Mach 1.
I Have a couple questions.

so far im going to Wash/Clay/wash both and then

1.Menzerna Nano/SIP on PC 5' orange and then finish with a white 6.5 pad
2. I have Duragloss 101 and Klasse AIO on 6.5 inch white pad (this is where I have ?s)
which is more appropriate here and what speed on the PC? 4-5?
3. Duragloss 105 by hand
4. maybe top it with Duragloss Aquawax or with some Souveran

If I decide to use my Danase wet glaze, what stage or step should i put that on? in the past i have put it on before the Duragloss 105

thanks guys, and we will get some great photos for you guys of the before/afters

Hey man,

well since no one else has posted yet thought id give my .02c lol. Personally, ive never used any of those products but have heard lots of good things about AIO. I wouldnt be afraid of using it on speed 5 if i were you...I think for the most part with a PC 5-6 is pretty much standard for compounding/polishing..and then slow it down to about 3 for your wax/sealant for your last step.

I think its all about trial and error. I'm sure within the next 12 hours or so you will get more replies that will be more helpful than mine...but I say just try things and see what you like.

Only word of advice I'd give with your speed is be careful on painted plastic (bumpers etc)...as ive read that even a PC has taken up paint in some rare cases (especially if the paint is hot before hand) on plastic because paint doesnt bond to plastic as well...so just watch your pressure and your speed. My .02c

Old Tiger
06-07-2010, 08:11 PM
DG105 has a mild abrasive. It will remove what you apply earlier. I would buy DG601 and apply it before 105. It improves durability. I would apply 2 coats of 105 after that I would only use AW. DG says not to apply a wax over any DG sealant. I havent used DG101 so I cant speak to it.

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Those two cars have clear on the harder side so if they have any defects you are trying to remove it is going to take some time with the products you have.

ScottB
06-08-2010, 07:12 AM
you seem to have the basics here, just need the process correct ???

If so polishing (Menzerna two step is perfect). Dont see where you need a cleaner / sealant like KAIO or 101 since paint should be near perfect. You could rewash as desired after polishing and then protect. You would use the 105 and allow to cure properly prior to topping with any wax or spray.

If you decided to throw the glaze in the mix, it normally comes before the wax or sealant however I hear that DWG is very versatile and could be used after a wax. Gotta experiment with that one as desired.