PDA

View Full Version : Little sap marks or wax residue???????

animescreen
05-26-2010, 05:03 PM
I went to play indoor tennis at a club and i parked in area where it was open but i noticed there were lot of trees.. My initial thought was that the trees were high so i shouldn't worry about sap and plus it was kind of nigh time and assumed that sap doesn't drop as much at nighttime. But when i got home I noticed there were little bumps all over my car (luckily i had waxed my car few days back so it kind of easy to chip off) but wondered if it were wax residue or indeed sap... I kind of thought it was sap since when i was rubbing it around the paint or window area...it smudged kind of like honey.. So my question is following.

1. Does wax residue end up being like honey/sap goo? Or does it just harden up and flake off... It seems like it clays up but also thinking of beeswax where it does turn to sap like condition...

2. About day later, I took turtle wax bug/tar remover (that won't strip wax and keeps it shiny:props:) and removed most of it but seems like theres bits and pieces on side and back of the car also... So if it is sap from a tree that is quite high (probally 35 to 40 ft estimate) does it spray sides of the car also? (it wasnt that windy)

3. If it is wax, and I had a waxed my car before.. is it easier to remove sap and i have longer time to get rid of it?

4. When is safe time period to remove sap.

5. Do sap come out even at nightime? i thought it comes out only when weather is hot and melts it and drips..

6. If it's not wax or sap.. what else could it be... cause it's tiny drops all over the car (most of it is gone due to turtle wax)...

I guess never park underneath a car no matter how high or cool the weather is.. if it's wax residue.. then i guess i just need to buff better.

JonMiles
05-26-2010, 08:09 PM
1. Does wax residue end up being like honey/sap goo? Or does it just harden up and flake off... It seems like it clays up but also thinking of beeswax where it does turn to sap like condition...
I've never heard of wax ending up like honey or sap goo after a prolonged time

2. About day later, I took turtle wax bug/tar remover (that won't strip wax and keeps it shiny:props:) and removed most of it but seems like theres bits and pieces on side and back of the car also... So if it is sap from a tree that is quite high (probally 35 to 40 ft estimate) does it spray sides of the car also? (it wasnt that windy)
Sap will fall straight down with no wind, if the car has protruding sides it could get on the sides

3. If it is wax, and I had a waxed my car before.. is it easier to remove sap and i have longer time to get rid of it?
Sap is definitely easier to remove off a car that is freshly waxed, but sometimes the sap will smear and turn into a PITA

Get the sap off as soon as possible, if it hardens you have potential for paint damage and a difficult time removing it safely

5. Do sap come out even at nightime? i thought it comes out only when weather is hot and melts it and drips..
Sap only falls when it melts, pollen on the other hand can fall all night, some pollen is sticky and looks like little dots of sap

6. If it's not wax or sap.. what else could it be... cause it's tiny drops all over the car (most of it is gone due to turtle wax)...
Overspray? Insecticide(if a mosquito truck came by you could have gotten a little fall out)?

I guess never park underneath a car no matter how high or cool the weather is.. if it's wax residue.. then i guess i just need to buff better.
I probably wouldn't park under a car ever, you don't want any fluids dripping on your paint...jk trees suck, avoid them
My question is, did you clay before you waxed?

animescreen
05-26-2010, 08:15 PM
I've never heard of wax ending up like honey or sap goo after a prolonged time

Sap will fall straight down with no wind, if the car has protruding sides it could get on the sides

Sap is definitely easier to remove off a car that is freshly waxed, but sometimes the sap will smear and turn into a PITA

Get the sap off as soon as possible, if it hardens you have potential for paint damage and a difficult time removing it safely

Sap only falls when it melts, pollen on the other hand can fall all night, some pollen is sticky and looks like little dots of sap

Overspray? Insecticide(if a mosquito truck came by you could have gotten a little fall out)?

I probably wouldn't park under a car ever, you don't want any fluids dripping on your paint...jk trees suck, avoid them
My question is, did you clay before you waxed?'

no claying but i did get one few days back.. when you said the sap turns to pita whats that mean.. i know what you mean by smeaing.. it creates havoc!

Shane731
05-26-2010, 08:25 PM
'

no claying but i did get one few days back.. when you said the sap turns to pita whats that mean.. i know what you mean by smeaing.. it creates havoc!

PITA = Pain In The A**

forrest@mothers
05-26-2010, 09:12 PM
If you get to the sap before the sun bakes it on, an instant detailer and a mf towel will usually take it right off.