PDA

View Full Version : ONR wash between Polishing steps

Da Fats
05-26-2010, 08:39 AM
Anybody use ONR washing between polishing steps? instead of traditional washes

Mike Phillips
05-26-2010, 04:42 PM
I've read of people doing this and I've washed a few cars in my life after heavy compounding jobs but mostly because the compounds were wiping off so hard it was less aggressive to the paint to liquefy and wash the compound residue off the car then to struggle wiping it off.

As a preference, for what it's worth, I would not re-introduce water to a car after starting a job. I don't want it in the cracks and crevices of the car and potentially entering back onto the finish while performing a polishing step.

For example by the wind current created at the surface level by a pad spinning on a rotary buffer.

:)

Da Fats
05-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks Mike!

I have read about people doing 2 bucket washes between each polishing step and it sounded like a ton of work to re-dry after each step. I have only every rewashed once finished polishing after IPA wipedown and before waxing to get any residue or splatter i might not have noticed when polishing.

ONR leaves something behind too... I was asking because I thought this would be an issue when polishing

richy
05-28-2010, 09:33 PM
If I'm using a wool pad, especially like the 3M white wool, it will produce a wooly mess over the car. When I'm done, I do an ONR wash using a waffle weave as my wash media. It cleans the surface without using too much water and is a breeze to clean up.

loudog2
05-28-2010, 10:01 PM
I do not wash in-between polishing steps(at least I haven't yet). I do always re-wash after polishing. I hate having dust all over the car, especially in cracks and crevices.