PDA

View Full Version : Pre Planning a Tahoe Correction

So.Cal.
05-26-2010, 02:29 AM
A good friend of mine has asked me to help him fix his Tahoe after seeing what I have done to my own vehicles and a mutual friends BMW last year. I don't do this for a living I do it for the enjoyment. And I want to try out a few new products and techniques but I also have some questions. I welcome and Respect everyone’s input.

It is a 2008(I will try and get pics up in the next few days) Chevy Tahoe in what looks to be midnight blue metallic, Might be a slight variation on color since its 2 years old. It's pretty cool because it’s a Rawlings edition and the seat stitching looks like a baseball glove.

On to what I am thinking and what I have on hand.

Wash

Clay

Correct with (using Flex 3401)

IP or SIP, I will determine this with a few test passes for pad choice also
I haven't used SIP yet

finish with
white pad and either FP or SF "nano" I haven't used nano yet

and I want to try jewelling it with a gold pad and PO85rd? This is a new step for me.

I also have a bottle of XMT ultra fine swirl remover #1, I've not used this before. Maybe it would work better?

For the sealer I want to try the menz power lock (I also have Klasse and UPP)
apply the menz with a blue, black or red pad?

Also, in between polishing steps and before sealing I have always wiped down with 50/50 alcohol, distilled mix. after reading quite a bit I’m wondering if I should use a pre cleaner but it looks like the cleaners have some correction in them (except maybe DoDo lime light)and I shouldn't need any correction or fillers after jewelling yes?

Then I can top with Souveran, Fuzion or Blue velvet. (I am open to adding another wax to my collection if it will sparkle the metallic better since the wifes truck is also metallic)

Let me know what you think or can recommend. I will try and post those pics because I have a few correction questions. Like how to get under the door handles to get the finger nail scratches out and there is a mar in the front bumper I’m worried about.

Thanks everyone for looking.
This project won't start till early July i'm just getting a jump on the plan.

Mike Phillips
09-04-2010, 01:11 PM
This project won't start till early July i'm just getting a jump on the plan.

The products and processes above all look sound... did you ever get to this detailing project?

:)