PDA

View Full Version : my black truck where to start

turkee56
05-24-2010, 08:07 PM
ok, i just ordered m105, and m205 for my truck , which is black bumper to bumper.

the truck has light scratches and some medium scratches. the sunshine beating down on the paint ,you can see the scratches.

i need to order the 7424xp. what pads would i need to correct the paint?

it has a beautiful shine, but up close you can see the scratches. more noticeable scratches is on the bumper and front fenders.

would you reccomend a sealant like klasse after 205 or just go to a wax.

i want to hold off getting the panels painted and bumper. the roof will need painted, because someone had a magnet on roof and now rust spots thru the paint and onto the metal.

maximus20895
05-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Can you make it into paragraphs next time? Thanksssss

For pads use 5.5" Orange, White, Black and Blue. Primary Orange, white and sometimess black for paint correction.

Sealants last longer than pure waxes so take your pick. You can also use a sealant and then go over it with a wax.

turkee56
05-24-2010, 08:15 PM
i think i should had this under a different post.

maximus20895
05-24-2010, 08:32 PM
What do you mean?

rohnramirez
05-24-2010, 09:05 PM
I think he means, he should have posted this question in the appropriate category. hehehe :)

ScottB
05-24-2010, 09:17 PM
I often start with washing first (sorry had to do it) , but it seems like polishing will be the best option for the truck. Try to clay inbetween and use good washing and drying techniques and you'll soon be shining away !

Mike Phillips
05-25-2010, 06:17 AM
i think i should had this under a different post.

I moved your post to Detailing 101

:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
05-25-2010, 06:26 AM
i need to order the 7424xp. what pads would i need to correct the paint?

Get 5.5" pads, either CCS or Flat pads, either will work, sounds like you have a lot of correction work to do so you're going to want both light orange cutting pads and white polishing pads, call our Customer Care Hotline and they can help you get what you need.

1-800-869-3011

it has a beautiful shine, but up close you can see the scratches. more noticeable scratches is on the bumper and front fenders.

Keep in mind when polishing paint the you can't always get all the scratches out and if they're deep at all you don't want to get them all out, just aim for getting out the shallow scratches and leave the deeper one alone, by the time you polish and wax the truck they will be a lot less noticeable and overall the truck will look new again.

would you recommend a sealant like Klasse after 205 or just go to a wax.

Waxes and Sealants are both types of "Paint Protection Products", most people would choose one or the other or layer a Carnauba type wax over a paint sealant.

When talking about Klasse, most people would use Klasse SG as their LSP after removing defects and polishing the paint.

See this article,

How To Choose The Right Wax or Paint Sealant for your Detailing Project (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23263-how-choose-right-wax-paint-sealant-your-detailing-project.html)

i want to hold off getting the panels painted and bumper. the roof will need painted, because someone had a magnet on roof and now rust spots thru the paint and onto the metal.

Start out just polishing the paint really good and your truck will look like knew...

See these articles,

Proof You Can Do It! - Joe The Detailer - Black Porsche Turned into Black Pearl! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/25226-proof-you-can-do-joe-detailer-black-porsche-turned-into-black-pearl.html)
Proof the Average Guy can get Professional Results their first time Machine Polishing (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/25198-proof-average-guy-can-get-professional-results-their-first-time-machine-polishing.html)

:)