PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

Pages : [1] 2

ryanbabz71
05-24-2010, 07:42 AM
I am considering getting a cyclo polisher. I have been doing all of my polishing/waxing by hand for some time and this tool seems like it would work very well. I have read some complaints (only 1 speed mainly) and the pros (well built, last a long time). I use poorboys polish and nattys paste wax. Anyone else have a cyclo polisher and use the same products? How well does it work with these? The vehicles I will be using them on are fairly newer (2010 and 2008) and are both silver.

What all would I need (pad-wise). How long does a pad last?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Ryan

daveinsweethome
05-24-2010, 09:48 AM
i have a cyclo and like the machine a lot. the one speed complaint is somewhat handled by applying more pressure. the smoothness of the machine with the double pads is something to feel. it is not the best machine for vertical work and intricade spaces. but large vehicles like vans and suvs are ok with it. my favorite is still the flex. almost as smooth and powerful. just wish it handled smaller pads. just got my new favorite. the meguires g110 v2. i would recommend it to you for its versastility . all this come from a hoosier raised in noblesville.

ryanbabz71
05-24-2010, 12:41 PM
cool, thanks

Also it would be used on a Tahoe and Silverado (bigger vehicles)

A4 1.8tqm
05-24-2010, 01:44 PM
I suggest a Flex, besides the fact that the stock setup doesn't accommodate smaller pads it's perfect IMO. Relatively smooth operation, forced rotation and powerful motor so the machine doesn't bog down, smart design with speed dial at your thumb, variable speed trigger w/ lock, 3M adapter for small pads. You cant go wrong with a Flex 3401, I love mine! :xyxthumbs:

ryanbabz71
05-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Do any of you apply natty's paste wax with this polisher? How do you go about doing this? Scrape it onto the pad?

rohnramirez
05-27-2010, 03:14 AM
Never scrape the wax out of the jar. You'll end up with too much wax and on just one area of your applicator or pad. you just want to lightly dab and run the applicator or pad inside the jar.

Wax Gorilla
05-27-2010, 05:06 AM
If your OCD about Detailing Don't buy a Black Car !

ryanbabz71
05-27-2010, 10:29 AM
If your OCD about Detailing Don't buy a Black Car !

Who said anything about a black car? Both of mine are Silver. I learned after having my indigo blue metallic truck for 9 yrs

ryanbabz71
05-30-2010, 07:41 AM
Well I ordered one, should be here next week :)

What are your pad suggestions (what to use for specific situations)? I ordered an assortment plus the ones that came with the kit.

Thanks!

CEE DOG
05-30-2010, 08:34 AM
I suggest a Flex, besides the fact that the stock setup doesn't accommodate smaller pads it's perfect IMO. Relatively smooth operation, forced rotation and powerful motor so the machine doesn't bog down, smart design with speed dial at your thumb, variable speed trigger w/ lock, 3M adapter for small pads. You cant go wrong with a Flex 3401, I love mine! :xyxthumbs:

:iagree:

ryanbabz71
05-30-2010, 09:34 AM
I guess you missed the last post because I ordered one. I am not interested in the others.

supersix
08-04-2010, 07:08 PM
New here and interested to find this thread on Cyclo Polishers.
This machine has long been the polisher of choice for the aircraft industry as well as vintage trailer afficionados because of its quality and durability.
Aircraft aluminum is much different to polish than an automobile and this
machine is capable of some amazing results. Take a look at what it can do to an Airstream trailer (http://www.vintage-airstream.com/listing/27/1948-airstream-wee-wind).

RTexasF
08-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Well I ordered one, should be here next week :)

What are your pad suggestions (what to use for specific situations)? I ordered an assortment plus the ones that came with the kit.

Thanks!

You ordered one what? Cyclo or other?

daveinsweethome
08-04-2010, 08:00 PM
how do you like using the cyclo now? i kind of use mine as a reward. it is so smooth compared to rotaries and da s. only putting on wax and sealants with it but it impresses the hell out of my public when they see it.

ryanbabz71
08-04-2010, 08:34 PM
I ordered the cyclo.

I like it does a good job. I havent used it as much as I would like because I have some other projects going on, I have been lucky to get a wash a week in on the vehicles.