PDA

View Full Version : might purchase new company.

corolla619
05-24-2010, 12:49 AM
so today i was offered a very successful business.

this business is airbrush touch up work and rock chip repair. not only that but also pdr(paintless dent removal). i do have experience with both and know quite a few car dealerships in town, not to mention big car clubs. i would also offer/run my detailing out of this business.

it comes with a fully enclosed trailer, with all the supplies, paint, mixing charts, airbrush, all the pdr tools and even a new cyclo polisher. this is everything.

it's a big jump, but i can round up the clientel, especially for pdr and the airbrush work and rock chips.

i really am excited about this. :xyxthumbs:

rohnramirez
05-24-2010, 03:31 AM
Congratulations! Hope things turn out well for you. :)

Wax Gorilla
05-24-2010, 04:24 AM
Congratulations ! If you have the passion you will be sucessful !

jpegs13
05-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Best of luck on the new venture

sullysdetailing
05-24-2010, 09:21 AM
Good Luck

corolla619
05-24-2010, 12:21 PM
thanks everyone. i think it will work out quite well. usually i'm not a risk taker but under the circumstances, i believe i will.

pdr and chip repair are always demanding. just have to be a go getter. and that i am. the passion is definetly there.

pretty excited about the whole situation.

Apokiliptik1
05-24-2010, 01:21 PM
awesome that you have the oppurtunity ! run with it as hard and as fast as you can!

Dubbin1
05-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Just make sure you ask the person selling the company why he is doing so. Could be that he isn't making enough to get by on.

Slava
05-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Congrats and best of luck.

corolla619
05-24-2010, 05:49 PM
Just make sure you ask the person selling the company why he is doing so. Could be that he isn't making enough to get by on.

he's a good friend of mine. work is awesome and thriving in this business, plus i have 5 buddies that own BIG car lots and i definetly can have their contract.s and know i'll definetly land that work too. not to mention the residential customers.

he was making 100 per hour at the local car lots and upwards of 200 per hour for residential customers.

on top of that, i know all the big car club

he's wanting to sell the company to me since he is older and just doesn't have the energy anymore. he would rather golf lol.

HotRod
05-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Good luck!

Not to discourage you any, but PDR is very difficult and takes most people several years to develop the talent to produce quality repairs. But, there are few that can learn it quickly and have that special skill level. Have you been trained with PDR, or is your friend going to help you out? The reason I am asking is because I offer PDR too, and have been doing it for several years, but I am still learning all the time. PDR is absolutely the hardest thing I have ever learned. I just wanted to warn you, unless you are already past the learning curve. If you are just learning PDR, it can be overwhelming. Door Ding: Paintless dent repair forum on doording repair tech tips, hail damage, paint repair and discussions (http://www.Doording.com) is a helpful site for dent repair and touch up painting.

Apokiliptik1
05-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Good luck!

Not to discourage you any, but PDR is very difficult and takes most people several years to develop the talent to produce quality repairs. But, there are few that can learn it quickly and have that special skill level. Have you been trained with PDR, or is your friend going to help you out? The reason I am asking is because I offer PDR too, and have been doing it for several years, but I am still learning all the time. PDR is absolutely the hardest thing I have ever learned. I just wanted to warn you, unless you are already past the learning curve. If you are just learning PDR, it can be overwhelming. Door Ding: Paintless dent repair forum on doording repair tech tips, hail damage, paint repair and discussions (http://www.Doording.com) is a helpful site for dent repair and touch up painting.
I deal with pdr all the time and its definately an art but also have to be dedicated to it. alot crappy pdr guys out there good luck!!

corolla619
05-24-2010, 09:30 PM
i have been training and have been trained in pdr. still learning, and will always keep learning. i have taken care of some pretty tough dings and even creases. obviously getting a crease to the "perfect" is tough but can get them 90% perfect.

see, the company specializes in rock chip repair and air brush touch ups. this i am very, very good at and have been trained in this very well. i not only work with airbrushes in this category but also do custom airbrush work ie: motorcycles, hoods etc.

so to be able to offer the rock chip repair/airbrush touch up, prd, and detailing out of my work trailer sets me apart from the shoddy guys in my area.

also, there are really no detailers here. only 2 pdr guys(3 including me)and no rock chip guys. not only that but i have access to quite a few of the dealerships here(i know quite a few people in this town)so getting the work is basically already set in stone. i will also attend big car shows, hand out my cards at the local paint supply stores, body shops and advertise in the phone book.

i am 100% confident and am ready for this.

i have the drive and ambition, thus the reason my friend wants me to take over the business.

thanks for the support everyone

Matt
05-25-2010, 01:38 AM
Very nice, congratulations.

rwisejr
05-25-2010, 04:56 AM
You will do well as It seems you have all areas covered. May you have good luck and great success.