PDA

View Full Version : Turtle wax question

animescreen
05-23-2010, 11:21 AM
I've tried carnabau wax and i like the shine it brings.. but the mothers i got was really hard and pretty much had to break it into pieces and even smush it with mhands to get it more pasty.. (i dont know if it was defect or if thats how carnabau wax is).. but changed to turtle wax http://www.wackypackages.org/realproductsscans/3rd_2005/turtlewax2.jpg and applying it was really easy, and removing the haze was also straight forward.. My quesion is following.

1. Doing this by hand wasn't as bad and was actually pleasant but if i wanted more in depth work is porter cable the way to go?

2. How often should i re wax with this particular wax.. i apply thin coats as recommended by many. I don't mind re waxing as often since it's quite fun.

3. What happens if i don't remove particular haze (either i missed it or can't see it)

4. If using porter cable to apply the wax.... can i just apply the whole car... then switch to buffer pad to remove it? or will the dryness be too dry and actually scratch the car.. (i will be doing in cool garage).

rwright
05-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Since that is a cleaner wax, when you apply a 2nd coat you are removing the 1st.