PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Compound with PC

Waxmax
11-01-2006, 10:22 AM
How aggressive is OC when using a PC, say with an LC orange pad? I'm looking for something alittle more aggressive than XMT#3/SSR2.5, but not quite as aggressive as SSR3.....would OC fill the bill? How is it to work with? Thanks.

Surfer
11-01-2006, 10:44 AM
OC on a PC is pretty agressive (will remove serious swirling etc) but finish down nicely even on a cutting pad. I used OC on my PC with Edge Yellow and Orange cutting pads. Made quick work of everything and left no marks or hazing, it actually finished down like a polish. Then I went over with OP afterwards.

I would say it's a pry about the same as XMT3/SSR2.5 if not a tad stronger, but the long working time really helps out.

Waxmax
11-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Surfer- Thanks. I was looking for something that finished down well.

Whitethunder46
11-01-2006, 04:09 PM
What's one of the most powerful compounds (but still safe) out there right now? I too am wanting something a little more powerful than the XMT #3 w/ yellow cutting pad.

Grimm
11-01-2006, 04:20 PM
I would guess the new formula of Optimum Hyper Compound should be right up there. It's supposed to have more bite than the original which is regarded as pretty hefty.

Juztang
11-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Yes the new Optimum Hyper Compound does have a lot more bite. It is pretty aggressive. Works awesome just like the rest of the Optimum polish line.

ScottB
11-01-2006, 07:01 PM
OC recently enhanced all their products, they all have a little more bite. Seems so thought the polish was more like a finishing polish.

sparkie
11-01-2006, 10:27 PM
To me it has about the same cutting power as SSR3 if not a little more, hard to say. In between Megs#4 and Megs#83. This is what I love, No dust or very little, works quicker the SSR3 and megs. Flashes quick, but my PC is set on 6 with edge yellow or orange.