PDA

View Full Version : Does Chemical Guy Wheel and Rim Citrus remove wheel sealant?

rjom
05-22-2010, 06:25 PM
I love the ease of using CG Citrus Wheel and Rim Gel Cleaner (diluted). I also use Poor Boys Wheel Sealant. I am wondering if I am removing the sealant every time I use the Citrus Gel Cleaner. For regular washes would it be better to just use the CG Wash and save the gel for tougher removal?

Anyone know?

Thanks

Wax Gorilla
05-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Well that depends on your dilution ratio - The CG Citrus Wheel Cleaner certainly is capable of stripping the sealent - at 5 or 6 to 1 you should be fine !

rjom
05-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Thanks. That is how I am using it.

kb2ehj
05-22-2010, 07:15 PM
I love the ease of using CG Citrus Wheel and Rim Gel Cleaner (diluted). I also use Poor Boys Wheel Sealant. I am wondering if I am removing the sealant every time I use the Citrus Gel Cleaner. For regular washes would it be better to just use the CG Wash and save the gel for tougher removal?

Anyone know?

Thanks

Your talking about their 'Sticky Gel" stuff correct?

I think I read someplace on another detailing site that it does.

The two times I've used it (awesome stuff I might add) I was doing a 'full wheel/tire' detail so I didn't really pay attention.

Having said that. I think it would be better to use it lets say once a month instead of every time. Use it once to get your wheels nice and clean, wax them up with your favorite wheel wax and during the month either use the ol soap and water method or just wipe the visable parts with a towel of sort. (I started out using a microfiber but have since backed off to using a cotton terry towel on the wheels and keeping the MF towels for paint.
) Then at the end of the month give another good cleaning with the SGCWC.
Using the above method I've had no issues keeping the vehicles wheels sparkling clean.

BTW how do you like the Poor Boys Wheel Sealant? I've got a 'used' tub coming to me from a user on another forum site and I'm kind of curious how it lasts (Haven't been disappointed yet with any of the PB products.)

I'm currently using the DP Wheel Glaze which I also like alot and just waiting for it to appear on BOGO again. Still have one full container and one that still has a ton of product and this is after almost 8 months of using it and giving away some samples to people who have shown interest in it.

rjom
05-22-2010, 07:29 PM
I've been using it a couple of years, and I really like it. A tub lasts a long time. I try to apply a new coat every six to eight weeks. Brake does will just melt/wipe off. My wheels still look brand new after 2 1/2 years. I like the protection and the look. I actually bought two jars, and have not opened the second, and still have half of the first.

02blackout
05-22-2010, 07:35 PM
I use CG Sticky Gel and love it.
I use it for an initial cleaning. I have CG JetSeal109 Sealant on my wheels. When I do maintenance washes for myself and clients, I spray the wheels with the foam gun and use the wash shampoo to clean em. If theres more stubborn stuff I use 10:1 APC or something of the like.

ballfan4141
05-22-2010, 09:47 PM
02blackout, you got anymore pics of that mustang. that is nice all black car.

ScottB
05-23-2010, 09:04 AM
I suspect most wheel cleaners, even the safest ones, remove most of a wheel sealant. They are already under hard work do to the heat they see. I use carwash soap and water for 2-3x's and then reapply.