PDA

View Full Version : windy much?

corolla619
05-22-2010, 06:25 PM
so today, here in colorado felt like wyoming or kansas. weather said 30mph winds gusting to 35mph winds. WRONG! more like 50mph winds gusting to 60mph winds.:nomore:

usually it's beautiful and the "spring winds" are done by now.

so my cars are filthy with dirt and absolutely positively driving me crazy. am i the only one who gets anxiety when their cars are filthy and you cannot do anything about it? i mean, i can't even relax and watch tv, it's driving me right up the wall.

worst part is, it's supposed to last till monday. hopefully my heart doesn't stop by then....

CEE DOG
05-22-2010, 07:45 PM
I feel you're pain. The worst part is when you get hit by water at an unnexpected time. Your garage queen has been completely polished, sealed, and detailed. The next Day you are driving down the road and the guy in front of you hits his wipers and wiper spray.... And BANG! You just got nailed with an aqueous emulsion of brid crap and bug acids from his windshield to your paint. Thanks for the gift kind sir!

Jenn1270
05-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Yeah, it has been windy here and quite hot and humid. My husband works outside at Lowe's and said it was miserable. It was too hot for me to get out in the garage and do any piddling around.

RTexasF
05-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Yeah, it has been windy here and quite hot and humid. My husband works outside at Lowe's and said it was miserable. It was too hot for me to get out in the garage and do any piddling around.

Humid? Come down to my neck of the woods. You sweat through your clothes walking to the mailbox at the end of the sidewalk........and it's not even summer yet!

Jenn1270
05-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Humid? Come down to my neck of the woods. You sweat through your clothes walking to the mailbox at the end of the sidewalk........and it's not even summer yet!

Mississippi was the same way. We typically have little humidity here in DFW but the winds are from the south so I guess it is bringing it up from you guys.

Jenn

corolla619
05-22-2010, 08:20 PM
beat this, so i have this canopy. it always holds up to the winds. well today the center part lifted out of the leg and guess what....the leg fell on my car. dented right above the door. see, during winter, i had the canopy collapse on my car and dent the roof. got that fixed, threw the canopy away since it was ruined, and bought a new one.

so i bought the same one on clearance during winter, put it up around february. and then it strikes me again. no paint chipping. scuffed itup but i used a compound and got rid of the scuffs. as for the dents :( :( .............i have a guy who does paintless dent repairs(friend of mine)coming over tomorrow to remedy the dent.

and........i was just laid off fromm my construction supervisor position.

almost enough to make a country song lol.

theonly upside to today is that my family is healthy, and the kindness jenn1270 did for me. thanks again jenn:)

Jenn1270
05-22-2010, 08:23 PM
beat this, so i have this canopy. it always holds up to the winds. well today the center part lifted out of the leg and guess what....the leg fell on my car. dented right above the door. see, during winter, i had the canopy collapse on my car and dent the roof. got that fixed, threw the canopy away since it was ruined, and bought a new one.

so i bought the same one on clearance during winter, put it up around february. and then it strikes me again. no paint chipping. scuffed itup but i used a compound and got rid of the scuffs. as for the dents :( :( .............i have a guy who does paintless dent repairs(friend of mine)coming over tomorrow to remedy the dent.

All you need is for your momma to get out of jail on a rainy evening....and you are set with your song

corolla619
05-22-2010, 08:34 PM
All you need is for your momma to get out of jail on a rainy evening....and you are set with your song

haha, that and for my dog to run away.

Shane731
05-22-2010, 08:54 PM
A gust of wind, you say? What is that I see?

http://antlouis.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/mary-poppins-mv03.jpg

theonly upside to today is that my family is healthy, and the kindness jenn1270 did for me. thanks again jenn:)

Just say "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" and you'll feel better! LOL! :xyxthumbs:

Marc08EX
05-22-2010, 09:03 PM
It's also windy right now here in Arizona. It's been windy since yesterday and it's absolutely driving me crazy as well!!! I hate how the dirt/sand just sticks to your car especially if it's newly detailed. I refrain from using the car as much but once the dirt sticks, it doesn't make a difference anymore. Too bad you can't wash your car either!! grrr

corolla619
05-22-2010, 10:22 PM
It's also windy right now here in Arizona. It's been windy since yesterday and it's absolutely driving me crazy as well!!! I hate how the dirt/sand just sticks to your car especially if it's newly detailed. I refrain from using the car as much but once the dirt sticks, it doesn't make a difference anymore. Too bad you can't wash your car either!! grrr

i know lol. but tomorrow(early6am) i will be washing my car followed by a qw. not supposed to get windy until noonish again. even though the car will get dirty again, i will get my fix.