PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Bulbs

BILL
11-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Where you you buy those bright blue headlight bulbs...i think there halogens..... is there a site???;)

P1et
11-01-2006, 10:55 AM
You mean the fake HID lights? I think you can go to an auto parts store and buy some of those Sylvania SylverStars...

OCDetails
11-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Silverstars aren't blue. They are pretty high intenisty white. I have them in both my cars right now. I would have HIDs in them, but neither one of them have projector housings and I'm not about to go blinding people by throwing HID light in all directions from a reflector housing. However, in any car that I have had projector housings in, I have done HID conversions to them. There really is no comparison for usable light on the road. Silverstars are nice, but they aren't HIDs for sure.

Whitethunder46
11-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Good man.

I agree, Sylvania's are the best out there for Reflective housings. Just put a set in today actually.

ryandamartini
11-01-2006, 04:21 PM
sylvania silverstars. period.

search www.froogle.com

supercharged
11-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey, Bill! have you thought about switching to real HID xenon lights? They are failrly inexpensive, compared to prices when they first came out. I think they cost about $400 a set. You get all the wires, ballasts, and bulbs.

Whitethunder46
11-01-2006, 05:01 PM
If you don't have projector housings though, you really shoundn't do the conversion. Hot spots all over and not the safest idea out there. It is illegal in some states as well.

ryandamartini
11-01-2006, 05:39 PM
If you don't have projector housings though, you really shoundn't do the conversion. Hot spots all over and not the safest idea out there. It is illegal in some states as well.

Spot on. Also without projectors focusing the light down toward the road, you can blind a driver and have them running into you or off the road.

XterraOverload
11-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Hey, Bill! have you thought about switching to real HID xenon lights? They are failrly inexpensive, compared to prices when they first came out. I think they cost about $400 a set. You get all the wires, ballasts, and bulbs.

400 bucks for a light Holy hell!!!!!!!!!!! http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/6389/jawdrop7rg.gifI have 4 Hella 500's on my X and they only cost 120.
Man I need a better job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScottB
11-01-2006, 07:00 PM

Actually the aftermarket kits are illegal in all states, just not enforced. If it was not DOT approved it cannot currently be retrofitted. As said, its more than just a kit there are diffusers needed.

Bill PIAA makes a set of Platnium Bulbs that are DOT legal. (At least they did) They arent cheap but clean white light. I used them on our Supercharged Regal's for several years without issue.

BILL
11-01-2006, 07:02 PM

For my own car??? YES..:righton: ...... the ones im interested are for my neices 2003 chev cavalier.....will they fit that car?? and are there different ones for different cars??

thanks,,,,,,,,,:)

BILL
11-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Bill PIAA makes a set of Platnium Bulbs that are DOT legal. (At least they did) They arent cheap but clean white light. I used them on our Supercharged Regal's for several years without issue.

OK THANKS.........

ryandamartini
11-01-2006, 08:37 PM
please read my post about having the correct housings / projectors. if you run straight bulbs, you run a risk of ending someones life. Take that into consideration. Are you content with yourself that you could literally make someone not able to see the road going around a corner for a set of bulbs ? if you will not retrofit some projectors, get some silverstars.

BILL
11-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Well Taken......thanks:cheers: